Government announces scholarships for students with disabilities
October 13, 2018
Are you a student with disability aspiring to complete graduation, post-graduation or diploma level education? Here is some news for you.
The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is calling out to students to apply for scholarships.
Students with disabilities at graduation, post-graduation or diploma levels can apply for the scholarships to get financial support to complete their education.
The last date to submit applications is 30 October 2018.
Here is more information about the scholarship
- Students applying for the scholarship should have more than 40% disability and proof for the same.
- Annual income of their family should not be more than Rs 6 lakh.
Students will get reimbursement of up to Rs 2 lakh per year of tuition fees and non-refundable charges that are paid or are payable to the institute.
One time grant of Rs 30,000 will be given as a reimbursement for expenses paid for the purchase of computer with accessories, aids and assistive devices.
A monthly maintenance allowance of Rs 3,000 for hostel students and Rs 1,500 for day scholars will be given.
- A book grant of Rs 5,000 per year and a special allowance of Rs 2,000 per month will be given to students.
Interested candidates can submit their applications online.
Requirements for application
- Applicant's Photo
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability certificate
Some Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship can be given to maximum of two children of the same family
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be given only for one year. On repeating the class, scholarship will be withdrawn
- 50% of the total scholarships will be reserved for girl candidates.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News