Government announces scholarships for students with disabilities
Are you a student with disability aspiring to complete graduation, post-graduation or diploma level education? Here is some news for you.
The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is calling out to students to apply for scholarships.
Students with disabilities at graduation, post-graduation or diploma levels can apply for the scholarships to get financial support to complete their education.
The last date to submit applications is 30 October 2018.
Here is more information about the scholarship
– Students applying for the scholarship should have more than 40% disability and proof for the same.
– Annual income of their family should not be more than Rs 6 lakh.
Students will get reimbursement of up to Rs 2 lakh per year of tuition fees and non-refundable charges that are paid or are payable to the institute.
One time grant of Rs 30,000 will be given as a reimbursement for expenses paid for the purchase of computer with accessories, aids and assistive devices.
A monthly maintenance allowance of Rs 3,000 for hostel students and Rs 1,500 for day scholars will be given.
- A book grant of Rs 5,000 per year and a special allowance of Rs 2,000 per month will be given to students.
Interested candidates can submit their applications online.
Requirements for application
– Applicant’s Photo
– Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
– Fee receipt of current course year
– Age proof certificate
– Income certificate of the family
– Bank account details
– Disability certificate
Some Terms and Conditions
– The scholarship can be given to maximum of two children of the same family
– Scholarship for studying in any class will be given only for one year. On repeating the class, scholarship will be withdrawn
– 50% of the total scholarships will be reserved for girl candidates.
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!