India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
India registered a comprehensive victory in the final match of the Blind Cricket Tri Series, beating Sri Lanka by 10 wickets. India won the toss and elected to field first.
Lanka was bowled out for 119 runs in 20 overs, setting India a target of 120 runs. Lanka batted well in the later stages of the game, showing great coordination, but losing six wickets in 38 runs early on cost Lanka. This brought their overall score down.
India, who were the favourites, had a strong batting line up and achieved the target comfortably. Durga Rao with 64 runs and Anil Gariya with 48 runs ensured India reached the target score comfortably. The openers scored an unbeaten century partnership.
The Man of the Match award went to Ajay Kumar Reddy, Captain. "I am happy with my performance as captain and player for India. This was a smooth match. The previous match we played against Lanka where we beat them by one run was far tougher", said Reddy.
Former blind cricket captain of India, Shekhar Naik, praised the efforts of the Indian team as well as the Cricket Association for the Blind (CABI).
Our boys are doing really well and a lot of credit goes to their hard work as well as the support given by CABI. I hope their performance gets the attention it needs from the government as well as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). - Shekhar Naik, Former Blind Cricket Captain, India
India and Lanka will now head to Pune for the first of five international T20 games.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019