India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
October 14, 2018
India registered a comprehensive victory in the final match of the Blind Cricket Tri Series, beating Sri Lanka by 10 wickets. India won the toss and elected to field first.
Lanka was bowled out for 119 runs in 20 overs, setting India a target of 120 runs. Lanka batted well in the later stages of the game, showing great coordination, but losing six wickets in 38 runs early on cost Lanka. This brought their overall score down.
India, who were the favourites, had a strong batting line up and achieved the target comfortably. Durga Rao with 64 runs and Anil Gariya with 48 runs ensured India reached the target score comfortably. The openers scored an unbeaten century partnership.
The Man of the Match award went to Ajay Kumar Reddy, Captain. "I am happy with my performance as captain and player for India. This was a smooth match. The previous match we played against Lanka where we beat them by one run was far tougher", said Reddy.
Former blind cricket captain of India, Shekhar Naik, praised the efforts of the Indian team as well as the Cricket Association for the Blind (CABI).
Our boys are doing really well and a lot of credit goes to their hard work as well as the support given by CABI. I hope their performance gets the attention it needs from the government as well as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). - Shekhar Naik, Former Blind Cricket Captain, India
India and Lanka will now head to Pune for the first of five international T20 games.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News