Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
October 14, 2018
It was an amazing moment when visually impaired girls performed the "garba" on a song that was written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The girls danced to the beat of the Gujarati song in well-practiced and graceful moves.
PM Modi twitted the dance video and wrote "Touched to see this. The spirit of this garba has been brought to life by these daughters! Hope everyone's having a blessed Navratri."
The blind girls from Ahmedabad's Andh Kanya Prakash Gruh danced to a Gujarati song titled "Ghume Aeno Garbo". The song was written by PM Modi in the year 2012 when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been writing literature for years and has written several books and poetry. PM Modi's song "Ghume Aeno Garbo" has been sung by singers Aishwarya Majmudar and Ami Parikh.
Garba is a traditional dance form of Gujarat and is popular all across the world. The dance is performed particularly on the nine nights of the Navratri festival. PM Modi is known to celebrate Navratri and he also fasts on all the nine days.
Andh Kanya Prakash Gruh is based in Ahmedabad and the school cares for around 200 visually impaired girls.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News