Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
October 14, 2018
It was an amazing moment when visually impaired girls performed the "garba" on a song that was written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The girls danced to the beat of the Gujarati song in well-practiced and graceful moves.
PM Modi twitted the dance video and wrote "Touched to see this. The spirit of this garba has been brought to life by these daughters! Hope everyone's having a blessed Navratri."
The blind girls from Ahmedabad's Andh Kanya Prakash Gruh danced to a Gujarati song titled "Ghume Aeno Garbo". The song was written by PM Modi in the year 2012 when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been writing literature for years and has written several books and poetry. PM Modi's song "Ghume Aeno Garbo" has been sung by singers Aishwarya Majmudar and Ami Parikh.
Garba is a traditional dance form of Gujarat and is popular all across the world. The dance is performed particularly on the nine nights of the Navratri festival. PM Modi is known to celebrate Navratri and he also fasts on all the nine days.
Andh Kanya Prakash Gruh is based in Ahmedabad and the school cares for around 200 visually impaired girls.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Technology June 27, 2019 #TechThursdays - Sensor-based device Saarthi is enabling blind people to move about independently
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News