Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
It was an amazing moment when visually impaired girls performed the "garba" on a song that was written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The girls danced to the beat of the Gujarati song in well-practiced and graceful moves.
PM Modi twitted the dance video and wrote "Touched to see this. The spirit of this garba has been brought to life by these daughters! Hope everyone's having a blessed Navratri."
The blind girls from Ahmedabad's Andh Kanya Prakash Gruh danced to a Gujarati song titled "Ghume Aeno Garbo". The song was written by PM Modi in the year 2012 when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been writing literature for years and has written several books and poetry. PM Modi’s song "Ghume Aeno Garbo" has been sung by singers Aishwarya Majmudar and Ami Parikh.
Garba is a traditional dance form of Gujarat and is popular all across the world. The dance is performed particularly on the nine nights of the Navratri festival. PM Modi is known to celebrate Navratri and he also fasts on all the nine days.
Andh Kanya Prakash Gruh is based in Ahmedabad and the school cares for around 200 visually impaired girls.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019