Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
Congress is no longer the largest party in Goa as two of its MLAs have defected and joined the BJP.
Dayanand Sopte and Subhash Shirodkar resigned from congress and took up the membership of Bharatiya Janata Party, thereby ending the claim of congress to be the majority party of Goa.
Of the 40-member assembly in Goa, Congress had won 17 seats in 2107 but now is left with 14 MLAs only, which is the same as BJP.Bharatiya Janata Party had formed alliance with GFP and MGP party to form the government in the state despite objections from Congress.
In another development, Hasin Jahan, the estranged wife of Indian cricketer Mohammad Shami has joined Congress party. Hasin Jahan is a former model and cheerleader. She has accused her husband of domestic violence and several extra-marital affairs.
Congress’s Mumbai President Sanjay Nirupam was present at the occasion.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Sabarimala remains turbulent as communal tenions continue
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 Abhaya Care Foundation lends a helping hand to children with disabilities
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Headlines November 9, 2018 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines November 10, 2018
Headlines November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News