Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
Congress is no longer the largest party in Goa as two of its MLAs have defected and joined the BJP.
Dayanand Sopte and Subhash Shirodkar resigned from congress and took up the membership of Bharatiya Janata Party, thereby ending the claim of congress to be the majority party of Goa.
Of the 40-member assembly in Goa, Congress had won 17 seats in 2107 but now is left with 14 MLAs only, which is the same as BJP.Bharatiya Janata Party had formed alliance with GFP and MGP party to form the government in the state despite objections from Congress.
In another development, Hasin Jahan, the estranged wife of Indian cricketer Mohammad Shami has joined Congress party. Hasin Jahan is a former model and cheerleader. She has accused her husband of domestic violence and several extra-marital affairs.
Congress’s Mumbai President Sanjay Nirupam was present at the occasion.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Senior BJP leader makes offensive remarks about Mayawati
- Events January 19, 2019 Workshop on Secrets to Deal with ADHD Children
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News