Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
October 17, 2018
Congress is no longer the largest party in Goa as two of its MLAs have defected and joined the BJP.
Dayanand Sopte and Subhash Shirodkar resigned from congress and took up the membership of Bharatiya Janata Party, thereby ending the claim of congress to be the majority party of Goa.
Of the 40-member assembly in Goa, Congress had won 17 seats in 2107 but now is left with 14 MLAs only, which is the same as BJP.Bharatiya Janata Party had formed alliance with GFP and MGP party to form the government in the state despite objections from Congress.
In another development, Hasin Jahan, the estranged wife of Indian cricketer Mohammad Shami has joined Congress party. Hasin Jahan is a former model and cheerleader. She has accused her husband of domestic violence and several extra-marital affairs.
Congress's Mumbai President Sanjay Nirupam was present at the occasion.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Parasports August 26, 2019 National selection camp for wheelchair basketball underway in Chennai
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Parasports August 26, 2019 India para shuttlers win 12 medals at BWF World Championship Para-Badminton 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News