Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
The Indian contingent of para sportsperson created history at the recently held Para Asian Games 2018 in Indonesia. Para sportswomen and men from India won a total of 72 medals at the Games making it one of the best performances till date.
70 players, including the medal winners,met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Tuesday.
The Prime Minister praised the winners and their coaches at the event and felicitated the para sportspersons.
Paralympian Deepa Malik who won bronze medals in the discus and javelin throw events shared her happiness after the meeting on social media.
And sharing my medals with Honorable @PMOIndia. @narendramodi. . very seriously posing... And his tweet also said some serious stuff... wow.. #sports sure has given some seriously great moments and recognitions. - Deepa Malik, Paralympian
Winner of gold medal in club throw, Ekta Bhyan also tweeted, "Thank you Honourable PM sir for felicitation & wishes, next target is Paralympic Tokyo 2020🥇🇮🇳."
Para swimmer Suyash Narayan Jadhav who won a gold medal in swimming and Sharad Kumar were among those at the meeting.
The achievements will hopefully draw more attention and support for para sports in India.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Early intervention in hearing impairments matters. Here's why
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Benefit Cosmetics' move to feature model with Down syndrome as ambassador gets a big thumbs up
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Fed up of delays in updated guidelines for disabled MBBS aspirants, activists approach minister
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Supreme Court allows dance bars in Maharashtra to reopen
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News