Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
October 18, 2018
The Indian contingent of para sportsperson created history at the recently held Para Asian Games 2018 in Indonesia. Para sportswomen and men from India won a total of 72 medals at the Games making it one of the best performances till date.
70 players, including the medal winners,met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Tuesday.
The Prime Minister praised the winners and their coaches at the event and felicitated the para sportspersons.
Paralympian Deepa Malik who won bronze medals in the discus and javelin throw events shared her happiness after the meeting on social media.
And sharing my medals with Honorable @PMOIndia. @narendramodi. . very seriously posing... And his tweet also said some serious stuff... wow.. #sports sure has given some seriously great moments and recognitions. - Deepa Malik, Paralympian
Winner of gold medal in club throw, Ekta Bhyan also tweeted, "Thank you Honourable PM sir for felicitation & wishes, next target is Paralympic Tokyo 2020🥇🇮🇳."
Para swimmer Suyash Narayan Jadhav who won a gold medal in swimming and Sharad Kumar were among those at the meeting.
The achievements will hopefully draw more attention and support for para sports in India.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events May 15, 2019 Sign Language Course
- Get-hooked May 14, 2019 Unique research project brings together experts to understand how tech can help improve lives of disabled people
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Events May 15, 2019 TCS 10k Run with Smileys & Run with Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Accessibility May 13, 2019 Do more than reserve coaches, disabled community tell Indian Railways
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News