Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
October 18, 2018
The Indian contingent of para sportsperson created history at the recently held Para Asian Games 2018 in Indonesia. Para sportswomen and men from India won a total of 72 medals at the Games making it one of the best performances till date.
70 players, including the medal winners,met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Tuesday.
The Prime Minister praised the winners and their coaches at the event and felicitated the para sportspersons.
Paralympian Deepa Malik who won bronze medals in the discus and javelin throw events shared her happiness after the meeting on social media.
And sharing my medals with Honorable @PMOIndia. @narendramodi. . very seriously posing... And his tweet also said some serious stuff... wow.. #sports sure has given some seriously great moments and recognitions. - Deepa Malik, Paralympian
Winner of gold medal in club throw, Ekta Bhyan also tweeted, "Thank you Honourable PM sir for felicitation & wishes, next target is Paralympic Tokyo 2020🥇🇮🇳."
Para swimmer Suyash Narayan Jadhav who won a gold medal in swimming and Sharad Kumar were among those at the meeting.
The achievements will hopefully draw more attention and support for para sports in India.
Watch in Sign Language
- Indian para athletes set to shine at Special Olympics World Games 2019 starting tomorrow in Abu Dhabi
March 13, 2019
- Karnataka are winners in Pool B matches of T20 National Wheelchair Cricket Championship
March 11, 2019
- With no official support or funding, Maharashtra's wheelchair cricket struggles to spread its wings
March 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 With 'Get Going', Chennai NGO Vidya Sagar aims to get disabled people out & about
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines March 14, 2019 United States wants UN to designate Masood Azhar a global terrorist
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Medical Council of India changes postgraduate admission rules only for students with locomotor disabilities
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
- Headlines March 13, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi Vadra addresses rally in Gujarat
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Some tips to help children with learning disabilities
- Accessibility March 12, 2019 Frame policies to enable dignified air travel for disabled passengers, says Supreme Court
- Events March 13, 2019 Sign Language Movement
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News