NAB Presents Interactive Meeting with a Global Leader in Accessibility
NAB Delhi is organizing an Interactive meeting with a global leader in accessibility.
Tom Babinszki, born totally blind since his birth in Hungary, has been involved with accessibility for the last 20 years. During high school, he worked on a low cost Braille embosser and created a talking dictionary to help blind students learn languages. In the 1990’s, he was active in making higher education accessible to people with disabilities in Hungary. In 2001, when Section 508 came into effect, he started helping government agencies, corporations and non-profit agencies to make their information accessible.
Tom was also active in international initiatives, in 2008 he trained the first blind accessibility consultants in South-East Asia. He has also been an advocate of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. From 2010, Tom built a center for entrepreneurship for blind and visually impaired people and helped identifying business opportunities. In the first three years, the center had served over 500 students.
Tom joined IBM in 2013 as an accessibility advisor. Currently he is involved with mobile accessibility, government compliance and accessibility education. Tom travels around IBM - often with his guide dog, Baldwin, to provide free accessibility education.
- Starts on: Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 03:00 PM
- Ends on: Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 05:00 PM
- City: New Delhi
- Location: National Association for the Blind,Sector-5, R.K. Puram,
- Event Charges: Free
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: National Association for the Blind (Delhi State Branch)
- Organizer Phone: +91 9212319672, 8826261166
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://www.nabdelhi.in/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 6, 2019
Events February 6, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019