Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
October 20, 2018
Dear readers, this Dussehera Newzhook has come out in a new look! Did you take a look at the new additions on your much loved website! Do you have a question or issue related to disability, if yes then please do ask questions and Inclusion Strategist Bhavna will answer them for you.
Here are the trending stories of the week for you. Indian para players gave an exceptional performance at the 2018 Asian Para Games with 72 medals and were honored by Prime Minister Modi back home. The para badminton player's team won an amazing 9 medals.
This week Navratri was celebrated in India and people enjoyed inclusive 'garba' and 'dandiya'. Sign language exams may soon be introduced for students with hearing disabilities as the National Institute of Open Schooling is considering the option strongly.
Braile has been added to the packaging of Savlon disinfectants. Isn't that a positive step onwards towards inclusion! Hope more brands will follow suit.
Jilumol Mariet Thomas from Kerala is fighting the system for a driver's license. She is being denied as she has no hands but still wants to lead an independent life.
If you want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News