Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Dear readers, this Dussehera Newzhook has come out in a new look! Did you take a look at the new additions on your much loved website! Do you have a question or issue related to disability, if yes then please do ask questions and Inclusion Strategist Bhavna will answer them for you.
Here are the trending stories of the week for you. Indian para players gave an exceptional performance at the 2018 Asian Para Games with 72 medals and were honored by Prime Minister Modi back home. The para badminton player’s team won an amazing 9 medals.
This week Navratri was celebrated in India and people enjoyed inclusive ‘garba’ and ‘dandiya’. Sign language exams may soon be introduced for students with hearing disabilities as the National Institute of Open Schooling is considering the option strongly.
Braile has been added to the packaging of Savlon disinfectants. Isn’t that a positive step onwards towards inclusion! Hope more brands will follow suit.
Jilumol Mariet Thomas from Kerala is fighting the system for a driver's license. She is being denied as she has no hands but still wants to lead an independent life.
If you want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch in Sign Language
- #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
February 21, 2019
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News