India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
October 20, 2018
Team India will face West Indies at the Barsapara Cricket Stadium in Guwahati tomorrow. India, which won the two-match Test series against West Indies, will be looking to pull off a similar feat in the ODI series.
Virat Kohli is back as skipper after he sat out Asia Cup 2018. Among those included in the Indian side for the first two one day matches is wicket keeper and left-handed batsman Rishabh Pant, who will play back up to M S Dhoni.
Pant made a great start in Test cricket in his debut against England, where he scored a century in his third Test. India lost that match to England. In the series against West Indies, Pant was the joint-third-highest run-getter with 184 runs in the two Tests at an average of 92.
There is much expectation from Shaw, who has been hailed as the next gen cricket star.
It's hard to not be excited by Prithvi Shaw...boy this guy can bat!👏👏👏 - Sanjay Manjrekar, Former India cricketer
Now, Pant is all set to make his one day debut, but it may be as a batsman with Dhoni still the main man for India behind the stumps.
Also present in the squad is left-arm pacer Khaleel Ahmed, who made his presence felt in the Asia Cup, where India won the final match, beating Bangladesh.
Ravindra Jadeja has replaced Hardik Pandya, who is hurt. Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan will make a comeback as openers.
The five one day matches will be held between 21 October to 11 November 2018.
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Sportsperson & businesswoman, Geetha Chauhan excels at all that she does
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Ex-union minister Aslam Sher Khan offers to replace Rahul Gandhi
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News