Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
October 21, 2018
Here is some good news for more than 800 farmers in Uttar Pradesh.
Around 850 debt ridden farmers worried about repaying their loans will now get help from none other than Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
Amitabh Bachchan has mentioned in his blog that he will provide financial assistance to the farmers and repay their loans. Bachchan has mentioned that, "a list of over 850 farmers from Uttar Pradesh have been identified and their loans amounting to over Rs5.5 crore shall be taken care of".
This is not the first time that the senior actor has shown a big heart, earlier he had distributed cash to 44 families of martyrs from Maharashtra with the help of government agencies.
Amitabh Bachchan also mentioned that recently he had helped about 350 farmers in paying up their loans.
The senior Bachchan mentioned that he decided to help the farmers so that they wouldn't commit suicides. This is a harsh truth that hundreds of farmers take their own life in India annually due to financially losses.
According to Amitabh Bachchan, his attempts to help the needy "has been a most satisfying experience" for him. This is really commendable and more celebrities should come forward to help the needy in the country.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 13, 2019
Headlines April 12, 2019
Headlines April 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News