Three more women denied entry into Sabarimala
On the fifth day, protests at Sabarimala are going to strong. Three more women who tried to enter the shrine were blocked by angry devotees and temple authorities. Ever since Wednesday, no women of menstruating age have been able to enter the shrine. Temple authorities have decided to shut down the temple from Monday after the monthly pooja gets over. This tradition of closing down the temple has been followed since past many decades.
When a few women managed to enter the temple over the past few days, the main priest thanthri Kandararu Rajeevan said that he will not open the main shrine. This created a lot of agitation and anger amongst those who have been trying to enter the shrine. In spite of police protection, they were unable to enter.
Meanwhile, Kerala ruling party CPI (M) has criticised the temple authorities for deciding to shut down the temple. Ministers MM Mani and G Sudhakaran said that the monarchy era has ended. But Pandalam trust and temple authorities are just doing that.
On September 28, the Supreme Court had lifted the age old ban of women not entering the shrine. Women of menstruating age were barred from entering the temple premises since past many decades.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019