Three more women denied entry into Sabarimala
October 22, 2018
On the fifth day, protests at Sabarimala are going to strong. Three more women who tried to enter the shrine were blocked by angry devotees and temple authorities. Ever since Wednesday, no women of menstruating age have been able to enter the shrine. Temple authorities have decided to shut down the temple from Monday after the monthly pooja gets over. This tradition of closing down the temple has been followed since past many decades.
When a few women managed to enter the temple over the past few days, the main priest thanthri Kandararu Rajeevan said that he will not open the main shrine. This created a lot of agitation and anger amongst those who have been trying to enter the shrine. In spite of police protection, they were unable to enter.
Meanwhile, Kerala ruling party CPI (M) has criticised the temple authorities for deciding to shut down the temple. Ministers MM Mani and G Sudhakaran said that the monarchy era has ended. But Pandalam trust and temple authorities are just doing that.
On September 28, the Supreme Court had lifted the age old ban of women not entering the shrine. Women of menstruating age were barred from entering the temple premises since past many decades.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News