India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
October 23, 2018
India beat Sri Lanka in the fifth and final match of the T20 blind cricket series. They beat Lanka convincingly by 10 wickets to complete a series whitewash.
Indian captain Ajay Reddy won the toss and asked the Lankans to bat first. Through the series Indian bowlers have done well and this time too they struck to their line and length. Lanka batsmen were limited to a poor score of 153/8.
This was an easy target for Indian openers Deepak Malik and Reddy, who were in exceptional form and finished with six overs to go. India finished at 150/0 in 14 overs.
Reddy, who has performed well throughout the series, said Lanka to lose wickets early.
Lanka is a good side but today was a bad day. They lost wickets too soon and the openers did not do well. They had only one star player, Silva, to rely on as Subodh Kumara and Sahana Kumara were rested. Silva and Desapriya did well, but that was not enough. - Ajay Reddy, Captain, Indian blind cricket team
The Man of the match was Malik, who at 88 runs was the top scorer for India.
Sikander Shah, the new Indian player, who was supposed to make his debut in this match, pulled out due to personal issues. Reddy was happy with the team performance on the whole, especially with the fact that all the players got to play two matches at the least.
"Usually only one set of players would get to open the innings and the others would sit it out. This time all the players got an opportunity to play against a team like Lanka which is good experience."
The two teams will play the first of the three-match one day international series starting today.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Ex Minister Arun Jaitley is no more
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 Understanding Teaching Nonverbal Children
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Accessibility August 26, 2019 Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News