India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
India beat Sri Lanka in the fifth and final match of the T20 blind cricket series. They beat Lanka convincingly by 10 wickets to complete a series whitewash.
Indian captain Ajay Reddy won the toss and asked the Lankans to bat first. Through the series Indian bowlers have done well and this time too they struck to their line and length. Lanka batsmen were limited to a poor score of 153/8.
This was an easy target for Indian openers Deepak Malik and Reddy, who were in exceptional form and finished with six overs to go. India finished at 150/0 in 14 overs.
Reddy, who has performed well throughout the series, said Lanka to lose wickets early.
Lanka is a good side but today was a bad day. They lost wickets too soon and the openers did not do well. They had only one star player, Silva, to rely on as Subodh Kumara and Sahana Kumara were rested. Silva and Desapriya did well, but that was not enough. - Ajay Reddy, Captain, Indian blind cricket team
The Man of the match was Malik, who at 88 runs was the top scorer for India.
Sikander Shah, the new Indian player, who was supposed to make his debut in this match, pulled out due to personal issues. Reddy was happy with the team performance on the whole, especially with the fact that all the players got to play two matches at the least.
"Usually only one set of players would get to open the innings and the others would sit it out. This time all the players got an opportunity to play against a team like Lanka which is good experience."
The two teams will play the first of the three-match one day international series starting today.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Headlines January 23, 2019 PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp forwards now limited
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
- Get-hooked January 24, 2019 Some common misconceptions about Braille
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News