India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
India beat Sri Lanka in the fifth and final match of the T20 blind cricket series. They beat Lanka convincingly by 10 wickets to complete a series whitewash.
Indian captain Ajay Reddy won the toss and asked the Lankans to bat first. Through the series Indian bowlers have done well and this time too they struck to their line and length. Lanka batsmen were limited to a poor score of 153/8.
This was an easy target for Indian openers Deepak Malik and Reddy, who were in exceptional form and finished with six overs to go. India finished at 150/0 in 14 overs.
Reddy, who has performed well throughout the series, said Lanka to lose wickets early.
Lanka is a good side but today was a bad day. They lost wickets too soon and the openers did not do well. They had only one star player, Silva, to rely on as Subodh Kumara and Sahana Kumara were rested. Silva and Desapriya did well, but that was not enough. - Ajay Reddy, Captain, Indian blind cricket team
The Man of the match was Malik, who at 88 runs was the top scorer for India.
Sikander Shah, the new Indian player, who was supposed to make his debut in this match, pulled out due to personal issues. Reddy was happy with the team performance on the whole, especially with the fact that all the players got to play two matches at the least.
"Usually only one set of players would get to open the innings and the others would sit it out. This time all the players got an opportunity to play against a team like Lanka which is good experience."
The two teams will play the first of the three-match one day international series starting today.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 9, 2018 Virat Kohli apologises after getting trolled for 'Leave India' comment to fan
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Some activities for children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Employment November 9, 2018 Career options for people with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News