Virat is fastest batsman to score 10,000 runs in one dayers
October 25, 2018
Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli has achieved another landmark in his career.
Kohli has become the fastest batsman to score 10,000 runs in the history of One Day International cricket.
He completed this feat during the match against Windies yesterday. It was also the 205th innings played by the Indian cricket star.
Virat is the 13th batsman in the world and fifth Indian player overall to reach the mark.
He broke the record of former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar who had made 10,000 ODI runs after playing 259 innings. Tendulkar reached the high score in 2001 while playing against Australia.
Several people took to social media to congratulate and celebrate Virat's achievement.
Cricketer Mithali Dorai Raj tweeted,
Heartiest congratulations to run machine @imVkohli on hitting fastest 10,000 runs in ODI Cricket .
Australian player Ricky Ponting had taken 266 innings to achieve the same run count.
Virat is also one of the most successful team captains and has lead India through several victories.
Player Jasprit Bumrah also shared his happiness and tweeted, "10,000 ODI runs and in no time!! Congratulations on the record @imVkohli #Virat10k."
Many people expressed their excitement on social networking sites. It is indeed a proud and happy moment for Indian cricket fans.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News