Mangaluru to host 1st National Men’s Kabaddi Championship for disabled people
Kabaddi is an ancient Indian contact sport that is said to have originated from Tamil Nadu. It is a unique sports and involves a lot of stamina and agility.
Now some disabled players are all set to change the way the game has been played till now. Mangaluru the port city of Karnataka is all set to host the First National Men's Kabaddi Championship for players with disabilities.
The championship is to be held in December through the joint efforts of Maatru Prathishtana and Karnataka State Physically Challenged Kabaddi Association. Maatru Pratishtana is an organisation based in Bengaluru and has been working for years towards the welfare of people with disabilities.
The tournament is being held to encourage and empower disabled people. We hope to see maximum participation and will try to conduct more tournaments in the future. - M.R. Mahesh Gowda, Founder Managing Trustee, Maatru Pratishtana
It will be the first time that national level teams from across India will showcase their talents at the Mangala Stadium. The tournament will be for two days-15 and 16 December, 2018, and teams from 12 states will be taking part. These are from West Bengal, Jharkhand, Goa, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttarakand, Rajasthan, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka.
The organizers will arrange for free of cost boarding and lodging of the teams. The winning teams will be given trophies and medals apart from cash prizes.
The tournament aims to empower the disabled people by encouraging them to take part in sports. It also hopes to popularize the ancient Indian game of Kabbadi and to make it an inclusive sport.
By participating in sports, disabled people get physical and mental boost. They get the chance to be a part of larger group or team and meet new people. They also get to realize and showcase their talents, which increases their self-confidence and self-esteem. The hard work of disabled sportsperson also motivates other people to not give up and follow their dreams.
to know more about the tornamnet you can call+91 7406365655 or write to : email@example.com
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 The Executive Age of children with ADHD, find out more
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Sabarimala remains turbulent as communal tenions continue
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Rohit Sharma in list of batsmen with over 200 boundaries in T20Is
- Employment November 9, 2018 Career options for people with learning disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018