Police nab 4 men spying outside ousted CBI chief Alok Verma’s house
October 26, 2018
Four men were spotted spying outside the home of Alok Verma, former chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). They have been detained by the police.
Investigation has shown that they are junior assistant officers of the Investigation Bureau (IB). The men have submitted identification proofs to the police.
According to the bureau, the men were sent to Verma's house to look into the unusual flow of guests at the house. Verma's high security residence is located at Janpath Road in New Delhi. Police spotted them taking turns to watch Verma's house from behind parked cars. They were clearly hiding. CCTV visuals show the men being nabbed and dragged by their shirts and taken away by the cops.
The police said that they have not arrested any of them. After clarifications, they were allowed to leave. The CBI said that there is no foul play involved.
Alok Verma, his deputy Rakesh Asthana and many other officers of the CBI have been sent on leave by the Modi government who has been facing heavy criticism after this move.
Verma has accused the Modi government of interfering with the independence and autonomy of the CBI. He has challenged his dismissal in the Supreme Court and said that taking away his powers, was "patently illegal." He has also hinted that he was removed for investigating cases inconvenient to the government.
In a strongly worded petition, Verma has alleged,
The Central Vigilance Commission) and the Central Government have overnight taken the impugned decisions to divest the petitioner of his complete role as Director CBI and to appoint another individual in his stead. These actions are patently illegal for the reasons. - Alok Verma petition
He has accused the government of eroding the credibility of the CBI.
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News