Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
October 27, 2018
Hello readers! Here are the most trending stories from the week.
Mumbai in Maharashtra hosted the first national throwball & swimming camp for para sportspersons this week. It was really exciting as participants from all across India were there.
A huge protest was held in Delhi this week and thousands of people from various deaf groups took part in it. They were raising concern about encroachment of the only government residential school for deaf people in North India.
The week saw an outstanding performance by India's blind cricket team players. Indian team whitewashed Sri Lanka and won the T20 blind cricket series by 5-0. We are so proud of them!The whole country is abuzz with the excitement for the upcoming general elections in 2019. For disabled voters in Telengana, Voter Accessibility App - VAADA, will be used for making the elections accessible.For more trending news, keep reading Newzhook! If you want to share your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Events June 27, 2019 Thalassemia Detection Camp
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News