PV Sindhu is again world number 2 as per BWF rankings
Indian badminton star Pusarla Venkata Sindhu who is better known as PV Sindhu is back on the world number 2 position.
Sindhu is currently taking part in the French Open BWF Tour Super 750 tournament in Paris and has been in a great form, she has entered the quarter finals . She is now just behind the number one rank holder Tai Tzu Ying who is from Chinese Taipei.
As per the latest Badminton World Federation - BWF rankings, PV Sindhu who was earlier at the third spot has moved a step ahead to the second position.
Sindhu had managed to reach the second spot earlier last year and then this year again, but she again moved down the ranks.
Sindhu was congratulated by her fans on social media. Kiran KV @desginerkkv tweeted,” Well Done Sindhu - Badminton World Federation #BWF2018 #pvsindhu #Badminton #HSBCBWFbadminton”
Saina Nehwal played the Denmark Open last week and moved a step ahead to reach the number 9 position.
Kidambi Srikanth has maintained his position at world number 6. While shuttler Sameer Verma has taken a huge leap of five spots and reached the number 18 position. H S Prannoy has moved down two places and is now at rank 17, as he did not take part in either of the tournaments at Denmark and France.
Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth both had won their respective matches to move to the quarterfinals of the French Open BWF Tour Super 750 tournament.
However, Saina lost the quarterfinal to world no.1 Tai Tzu Ying.
A badminton fan Anjali Banerjee , tweeted,” #FrenchOpenSuper750 World no 1 Tai Tzu Ying Beats #SainaNehwal 22-20 21-11 in the quarters. This is Sania’s 12th consecutive loss against the Taiwanese. Simply brilliant from Tai!”
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 8, 2019
Headlines February 5, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News