MS Dhoni dropped from West Indies series
The team for the upcoming three-match T20I series against Windies has been announced. The Indian cricket team in this series will be captained by Rohit Sharma.
Virat Kohli has been given rest and will not be a part of the team for the three matches.
Some other players who were playing in the team for the T20I series against England have also been dropped. These are MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Siddarth Kaul and Deepak Chahar.
Fans of MS Dhoni are not happy about him not being included in the team.
Sumanth Raman @sumanthraman tweeted, “Mark this tweet. India will regret dropping @msdhoni for the T20 series in Australia. They won't miss him in the home T20 series against West Indies but on a tough tour like in Australia they will. @BCCI hv blundered here.”
Another fan 🍃мѕ∂ιαи 🐰 мα∂нυ 🍃 @madhu7781 wrote, “There is nothing left for Dhoni to achieve. He has already achieved everything in his cricketing career on which others only can dream. #WeStandByDhoni”
The details of the 16 players have been announced by the BCCI - Board of Control for Cricket in India. Young bowlers Shahbaz Nadeem, Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav have been included in the squad.
Instead of MS Dhoni, Rishabh Pant and Dinesh Karthik are the two keepers in the two T20 squads. All-rounder player Kedar Jadhav will be a part of the team for the fourth and fifth ODI against Windies.
The three-match T20I series is to start from 4 November.
India has been leading in the game currently and registered a win in the five-match ODI series while also beating the rivals 2-0 in the two-match Test series against West Indies
BCCI selection panel has also named a 15-member India A team for first four-day game against New Zealand A.
Here is the list Ajinkya Rahane (C), M Vijay, Prithvi Shaw, Mayank Agarwal, Hanuma Vihari, Rohit Sharma, Parthiv Patel (wk), K Gowtham, Shahbaz Nadeem, Md Siraj, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, R Gurbani, Vijay Shankar, KS Bharath.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019