Delhi air pollution levels to be at its peak on first week of November
October 29, 2018
According to reports, air pollution in New Delhi has reached dangerous levels. The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has asked Delhiites to refrain from going outdoors in the first week of November because the air will be extremely toxic. CPCB is the main pollution monitoring body in India. Experts pointed out that people must not go for jogging, walks or even take their cars out between 1- 10 November.
The Delhi state government is trying to curb air pollution in all possible ways by requesting factories to shut down during the first week of November. Experts have asked people to stop burning incense sticks or mosquito coils inside homes. Also, there will be restrictions on using firewood for cooking. In November 2016, air pollution levels in Delhi had reached dangerous levels after Diwali. This time, the government is also taking steps to reduce use of firecrackers for this Diwali.
Ever since the news broke, social media was flooded with criticisms against Delhi government.
@ArvindKejriwal Delhi CM, I would like to ask if your govt has no political will as year after year we get into a narrative around pollution in the month of October when the situation is really bad, yet U have the audacity to ask for donations for your party on RadioFM- Amit Vohra, Twitter User.
Looks like, even social media users are all set to refrain from bursting firecrackers for the upcoming Diwali celebrations.
"#DelhiPollution means that a lot of people will not celebrate Diwali in Delhi", tweeted K Yatish Rajawat.
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals win again
April 26, 2019
- BJP to contest more seats than Congress in Lok Sabha elections
April 26, 2019
- Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
April 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 India provides 100 wheelchairs to Afghan war veterans
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Parasports April 23, 2019 'Playing golf gives me satisfaction, makes me happy' - My Take by Ankush Saha, para golfer
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 #AutismPower - Sweden's Greta Thunberg nominated for Nobel prize for climate change activism
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 26, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals win again
- Accessibility April 26, 2019 With 3,000 plus polling booths on upper floors, disabled voters in Maharashtra are a worried lot
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 24, 2019
Headlines April 23, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News