Delhi air pollution levels to be at its peak on first week of November
October 29, 2018
According to reports, air pollution in New Delhi has reached dangerous levels. The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has asked Delhiites to refrain from going outdoors in the first week of November because the air will be extremely toxic. CPCB is the main pollution monitoring body in India. Experts pointed out that people must not go for jogging, walks or even take their cars out between 1- 10 November.
The Delhi state government is trying to curb air pollution in all possible ways by requesting factories to shut down during the first week of November. Experts have asked people to stop burning incense sticks or mosquito coils inside homes. Also, there will be restrictions on using firewood for cooking. In November 2016, air pollution levels in Delhi had reached dangerous levels after Diwali. This time, the government is also taking steps to reduce use of firecrackers for this Diwali.
Ever since the news broke, social media was flooded with criticisms against Delhi government.
@ArvindKejriwal Delhi CM, I would like to ask if your govt has no political will as year after year we get into a narrative around pollution in the month of October when the situation is really bad, yet U have the audacity to ask for donations for your party on RadioFM- Amit Vohra, Twitter User.
Looks like, even social media users are all set to refrain from bursting firecrackers for the upcoming Diwali celebrations.
"#DelhiPollution means that a lot of people will not celebrate Diwali in Delhi", tweeted K Yatish Rajawat.
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News