Supreme Court adjourns hearing in Ayodhya Ram Mandir case to January
The Supreme Court of India (SC) has adjourned hearing of the Ayodhya Ram Mandir case to January. The court turned down the request of Uttar Pradesh government for an early hearing of the case. Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi said that the Supreme Court has other priorities for now and that he is unsure about which bench will decide on the case. Once the bench is finalised, the dates for hearing the case will be fixed.
This has come as a huge setback to the centre ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) because they had plans to pitch in for votes in the name of Ayodhya for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. Political parties have already started the blame game. Certain political parties even came out and said that the SC adjourned the court hearing in favour of Congress party.
Social media also went on frenzy on Monday. Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja has always been vocal on his social media about public matters. He did not miss to post his opinion about the Ayodhya issue as well.
Secular court has time for Sabarimala verdict, Diwali crackers ban, amount of milk to offer on shivling, midnight plea of terrorists. But when it comes to #AyodhyaRamMandir, Its secularism comes in danger. Supreme Court a joke?- tweeted Jadeja.
Most of the political leaders refrained from commenting on the issue.
“Supreme Court can delay #AyodhyaRamMandir verdict as long as it deems fit. It does not and cannot stop a mass movement on the ground. Constitution gives all of us the right to mobilise, protest and pressure powers for a cause”, tweeted journalist and Twitter user Abhijit Majumder.
Ayodhya is believed to be the birth place of Hindu God Ram. In the 16th century, Mughal general Mir Baqi built the Babri Masjid after demolishing the Ram temple. In 1992, the Babri Masjid was destroyed by Hindu protestors during a political rally. The Allahabad High Court decided to divide the land into three parts which will go to the Ram Lalla, Sunni Waqf Board and Nirmohi Ankhara. The excavations from Archaeological survey of India were also used as a proof to show that the land belonged to massive Hindu religious temple.
Watch in Sign Language
- India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
February 17, 2019
- Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
February 17, 2019
- Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 9, 2019
Headlines February 6, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News