Supreme Court adjourns hearing in Ayodhya Ram Mandir case to January
October 30, 2018
The Supreme Court of India (SC) has adjourned hearing of the Ayodhya Ram Mandir case to January. The court turned down the request of Uttar Pradesh government for an early hearing of the case. Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi said that the Supreme Court has other priorities for now and that he is unsure about which bench will decide on the case. Once the bench is finalised, the dates for hearing the case will be fixed.
This has come as a huge setback to the centre ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) because they had plans to pitch in for votes in the name of Ayodhya for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. Political parties have already started the blame game. Certain political parties even came out and said that the SC adjourned the court hearing in favour of Congress party.
Social media also went on frenzy on Monday. Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja has always been vocal on his social media about public matters. He did not miss to post his opinion about the Ayodhya issue as well.
Secular court has time for Sabarimala verdict, Diwali crackers ban, amount of milk to offer on shivling, midnight plea of terrorists. But when it comes to #AyodhyaRamMandir, Its secularism comes in danger. Supreme Court a joke?- tweeted Jadeja.
Most of the political leaders refrained from commenting on the issue.
"Supreme Court can delay #AyodhyaRamMandir verdict as long as it deems fit. It does not and cannot stop a mass movement on the ground. Constitution gives all of us the right to mobilise, protest and pressure powers for a cause", tweeted journalist and Twitter user Abhijit Majumder.
Ayodhya is believed to be the birth place of Hindu God Ram. In the 16th century, Mughal general Mir Baqi built the Babri Masjid after demolishing the Ram temple. In 1992, the Babri Masjid was destroyed by Hindu protestors during a political rally. The Allahabad High Court decided to divide the land into three parts which will go to the Ram Lalla, Sunni Waqf Board and Nirmohi Ankhara. The excavations from Archaeological survey of India were also used as a proof to show that the land belonged to massive Hindu religious temple.
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Imran Khan invites PM Modi for peace talks
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News