Supreme Court adjourns hearing in Ayodhya Ram Mandir case to January
October 30, 2018
The Supreme Court of India (SC) has adjourned hearing of the Ayodhya Ram Mandir case to January. The court turned down the request of Uttar Pradesh government for an early hearing of the case. Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi said that the Supreme Court has other priorities for now and that he is unsure about which bench will decide on the case. Once the bench is finalised, the dates for hearing the case will be fixed.
This has come as a huge setback to the centre ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) because they had plans to pitch in for votes in the name of Ayodhya for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. Political parties have already started the blame game. Certain political parties even came out and said that the SC adjourned the court hearing in favour of Congress party.
Social media also went on frenzy on Monday. Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja has always been vocal on his social media about public matters. He did not miss to post his opinion about the Ayodhya issue as well.
Secular court has time for Sabarimala verdict, Diwali crackers ban, amount of milk to offer on shivling, midnight plea of terrorists. But when it comes to #AyodhyaRamMandir, Its secularism comes in danger. Supreme Court a joke?- tweeted Jadeja.
Most of the political leaders refrained from commenting on the issue.
"Supreme Court can delay #AyodhyaRamMandir verdict as long as it deems fit. It does not and cannot stop a mass movement on the ground. Constitution gives all of us the right to mobilise, protest and pressure powers for a cause", tweeted journalist and Twitter user Abhijit Majumder.
Ayodhya is believed to be the birth place of Hindu God Ram. In the 16th century, Mughal general Mir Baqi built the Babri Masjid after demolishing the Ram temple. In 1992, the Babri Masjid was destroyed by Hindu protestors during a political rally. The Allahabad High Court decided to divide the land into three parts which will go to the Ram Lalla, Sunni Waqf Board and Nirmohi Ankhara. The excavations from Archaeological survey of India were also used as a proof to show that the land belonged to massive Hindu religious temple.
Watch in Sign Language
- Pragya Thakur sparks controversy with her statements, gets court notice
April 22, 2019
- Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
April 22, 2019
- Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
April 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Pragya Thakur sparks controversy with her statements, gets court notice
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News