Tennis star Sania Mirza & husband welcome their first baby
October 31, 2018
India's tennis star Sania Mirza and Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik announced the birth of their baby boy on Tuesday. The news was announced on Malik's Twitter account. Since then, social media has been flooded with congratulatory wishes by their friends and fans from across the world.
"Excited to announce: It's a baby boy, and my girl is doing great as keeping strong as usual #Alhamdulilah. Thank you for the wishes and duas, we are humbled #BabyMirzaMalik," tweeted Malik.
Very soon, his manager, Ameem Haq also tweeted, "Baby and mother are all smiles, and dad is over the moon".
Ex-Pakistani captain Shahid Afridi also congratulated the couple.
Bohot Bohot Mubarak ho @realshoaibmalik and @MirzaSania. May Allah always keep you and your family happy and wealthy Ameen. - Shahid Afridi, Former Pakistan cricketer
Mirza and Malik got married in the year 2010. The wedding was conducted in a Muslim traditional manner at Mirza's hometown in Hyderabad which was later followed by another wedding in Pakistan.
The couple's marriage caused a lot of confusion and anger among fans. Since Mirza was a prominent tennis player from India, people even said that she is going to support Pakistan during cricket matches. But both Mirza and Malik have played for their countries and brought home many laurels as well!
The couple had announced Mirza's pregnancy in April this year. This is surely some great news for Mirza and Malik fans in both India and Pakistan!
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News