Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
November 3, 2018
Hello dear readers! We are here again with the latest and most trending stories of the week.
A very positive step towards accessibility has been initiated as 16 restaurants in Bengaluru signed the accessibility pledge under #RampMyCity campaign.
Similar good news came from the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology in Mumbai as it is all set to become a disabled-friendly campus.
The voice raised by activists does make a difference as was evident this week. Disability rights leader Dr Satendra Singh had highlighted the issue of inaccessible Delhi skywalk and that prompted response and action.
For those of us who are looking for love here is a new platform called Love Actually.me .
Lack of empathy caused very serious injuries to filmmaker Rustom Irani at the hands of Jet Airways staff. High time the staff at airports are sensitized about needs of people with disabilities.
NewzHook Android app now has a new look, don't forget to check that out.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News