Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Hello dear readers! We are here again with the latest and most trending stories of the week.
A very positive step towards accessibility has been initiated as 16 restaurants in Bengaluru signed the accessibility pledge under #RampMyCity campaign.
Similar good news came from the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology in Mumbai as it is all set to become a disabled-friendly campus.
The voice raised by activists does make a difference as was evident this week. Disability rights leader Dr Satendra Singh had highlighted the issue of inaccessible Delhi skywalk and that prompted response and action.
For those of us who are looking for love here is a new platform called Love Actually.me .
Lack of empathy caused very serious injuries to filmmaker Rustom Irani at the hands of Jet Airways staff. High time the staff at airports are sensitized about needs of people with disabilities.
NewzHook Android app now has a new look, don’t forget to check that out.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019