Check out these career options for people with dyslexia
Dyslexia is a condition where the individual will have difficulties in reading, writing and interpreting letters, words and symbols. That definitely does not affect their intelligence. Hence, they are capable of excelling in the field of mechanics or even arts and sports!
Did you know that world renowned personalities like Steve Jobs, Tom Cruise, Walt Disney, Jim Carrey, Leonardo Da Vinci, Richard Branson, Albert Einstein, Guy Ritchie and Pablo Picasso had dyslexia? These are just a few names. There are numerous talented people with dyslexia who have proved their expertise in various fields, mainly arts, politics and science.
It is always best to find out the type of work that you love and stick on to it. Some people with dyslexia find it extremely hard to work with corporate companies because the work place might not suit them.
Shiny is the co-founder of Navajeevan, a school that empowers disabled children in Kochi.
Children with dyslexia can excel in any field. All that they need to do is put their heart and soul into it. Many dyslexic students from my school have entered into mechanical jobs. We also have tie-ups with professional colleges to provide higher education to our students in mechanical engineering. A lot of them have entered into hotel management as well. Some of them work with star hotels in Kochi in their housekeeping departments- Shiny, Co-founder, Navajeevan
Do you know someone with dyslexia who is looking out for a career? Here are some options.
- Broadcast media- Dyslexic people are extremely talented in arts, which is quite close to media jobs. They can excel as broadcast reporters since there are hardly any reading or writing involved. With a little bit of guidance, they can show their expertise and skills in the field.
- Graphic Designers- Nowadays, many youngsters are opting for a career in graphic designing. Many companies are in dire need of designers and the job pays you well too. Since being a designer is all about exploring your creativity and visual skills, dyslexic people can do a great job here! Graphic designers work with media, advertising and publishing companies. All that you need is a bachelor’s degree and an impressive resume in order to be hired.
- Photographer- People hires photographers for almost every event. This includes weddings, family get-togethers, ceremonies or even meet-up with friends. We all love posting pictures on social media and letting the world know about what we have been up to. That is when a photographer comes to your rescue! A photographer must be extremely creative and skilled. Hence, dyslexic people can easily make a career out of this. Photographers get paid a lot of money as well!
- Carpenter- You do not always have to stick on to white collar jobs. If you love your job and get paid well for it, then nothing like it! We know that carpenters are in demand. They create and fix wooden framework and buildings. You can work under another skilled carpenter and learn the job. Apart from homes, even companies hire carpenters on contract basis. It is always best if you have a professional resume.
Actor Orlando Bloom needs no introduction. He has awed us with his performances as Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean, Paris in Troy and Legolas in the Lord of The Rings to name a few. Did you know that Bloom had dyslexia? He has revealed that he is dyslexic at many international events.
“The challenge of dyslexia or the challenge of climbing that mountain is something that you can make your own and make it a reason to be a winner in life”, says Bloom. These are some true inspiring words that come from one of world's finest actors!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News