Dhoni, Kohli win hearts with gesture towards disabled fan in Thiruvananthapuram
Indian cricketer M S Dhoni may be going through a bad patch professionally at the moment, but he is still a star for his fans. Why that is so is evident from his gesture towards a disabled man who was waiting to catch a glimpse of him before the start of the one-day match against West Indies in Thiruvananthapuram earlier this week.
Lajju had an emotional meeting with Dhoni and cricket captain Virat Kohli shortly before the match began. The video of the meeting was shared by both cricketers on social media and has left everyone moved. Lajju, who uses a wheelchair, had been waiting for a long time for the players to arrive.
First Dhoni went up to Lajju and extended his hands which he kissed. After signing his autograph book, the player told Lajju patiently that he had to leave as he would be late for the game. Then Kohli went forward and gave his hands to be kissed as well and signed a large picture of his that Lajju was holding. Everyone was emotional when the child's mother kissed Kohli as a gesture of thanks.
India thrashed the Indies in the match but more than the victory, it is this gesture by the cricketers that has everyone talking. Many people were moved by those moments. Hemanta Gogoi a student from Gurugram said,
What a gesture... ❤❤❤❤ pure Gentleman 😍😍 - Hemanta Gogoi
Satyaranjan Pradhan also posted a comment on Facebook saying Lajju, "was a Very Lucky boy. Love u mahi and virat. god BLS u."
You can watch the video of the two players meting with Lajju here:
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Parasports January 20, 2019 Samarthanam Trust, Pinkathon to.organize ultra-marathon for visually impaired people
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Accessibility January 24, 2019 Paytm modifies app to make it accessible for blind, low vision users
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Parasports January 23, 2019 Para badminton camp in Mumbai seeks to nurture talent, attract support
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News