Dhoni, Kohli win hearts with gesture towards disabled fan in Thiruvananthapuram
November 4, 2018
Indian cricketer M S Dhoni may be going through a bad patch professionally at the moment, but he is still a star for his fans. Why that is so is evident from his gesture towards a disabled man who was waiting to catch a glimpse of him before the start of the one-day match against West Indies in Thiruvananthapuram earlier this week.
Lajju had an emotional meeting with Dhoni and cricket captain Virat Kohli shortly before the match began. The video of the meeting was shared by both cricketers on social media and has left everyone moved. Lajju, who uses a wheelchair, had been waiting for a long time for the players to arrive.
First Dhoni went up to Lajju and extended his hands which he kissed. After signing his autograph book, the player told Lajju patiently that he had to leave as he would be late for the game. Then Kohli went forward and gave his hands to be kissed as well and signed a large picture of his that Lajju was holding. Everyone was emotional when the child's mother kissed Kohli as a gesture of thanks.
India thrashed the Indies in the match but more than the victory, it is this gesture by the cricketers that has everyone talking. Many people were moved by those moments. Hemanta Gogoi a student from Gurugram said,
What a gesture... ❤❤❤❤ pure Gentleman 😍😍 - Hemanta Gogoi
Satyaranjan Pradhan also posted a comment on Facebook saying Lajju, "was a Very Lucky boy. Love u mahi and virat. god BLS u."
You can watch the video of the two players meting with Lajju here:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Some tips to help children with learning disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked March 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News