Dhoni, Kohli win hearts with gesture towards disabled fan in Thiruvananthapuram
November 4, 2018
Indian cricketer M S Dhoni may be going through a bad patch professionally at the moment, but he is still a star for his fans. Why that is so is evident from his gesture towards a disabled man who was waiting to catch a glimpse of him before the start of the one-day match against West Indies in Thiruvananthapuram earlier this week.
Lajju had an emotional meeting with Dhoni and cricket captain Virat Kohli shortly before the match began. The video of the meeting was shared by both cricketers on social media and has left everyone moved. Lajju, who uses a wheelchair, had been waiting for a long time for the players to arrive.
First Dhoni went up to Lajju and extended his hands which he kissed. After signing his autograph book, the player told Lajju patiently that he had to leave as he would be late for the game. Then Kohli went forward and gave his hands to be kissed as well and signed a large picture of his that Lajju was holding. Everyone was emotional when the child's mother kissed Kohli as a gesture of thanks.
India thrashed the Indies in the match but more than the victory, it is this gesture by the cricketers that has everyone talking. Many people were moved by those moments. Hemanta Gogoi a student from Gurugram said,
What a gesture... â¤â¤â¤â¤ pure Gentleman ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ - Hemanta Gogoi
Satyaranjan Pradhan also posted a comment on Facebook saying Lajju, "was a Very Lucky boy. Love u mahi and virat. god BLS u."
You can watch the video of the two players meting with Lajju here:
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News