Dhoni, Kohli win hearts with gesture towards disabled fan in Thiruvananthapuram
Indian cricketer M S Dhoni may be going through a bad patch professionally at the moment, but he is still a star for his fans. Why that is so is evident from his gesture towards a disabled man who was waiting to catch a glimpse of him before the start of the one-day match against West Indies in Thiruvananthapuram earlier this week.
Lajju had an emotional meeting with Dhoni and cricket captain Virat Kohli shortly before the match began. The video of the meeting was shared by both cricketers on social media and has left everyone moved. Lajju, who uses a wheelchair, had been waiting for a long time for the players to arrive.
First Dhoni went up to Lajju and extended his hands which he kissed. After signing his autograph book, the player told Lajju patiently that he had to leave as he would be late for the game. Then Kohli went forward and gave his hands to be kissed as well and signed a large picture of his that Lajju was holding. Everyone was emotional when the child's mother kissed Kohli as a gesture of thanks.
India thrashed the Indies in the match but more than the victory, it is this gesture by the cricketers that has everyone talking. Many people were moved by those moments. Hemanta Gogoi a student from Gurugram said,
What a gesture... ❤❤❤❤ pure Gentleman 😍😍 - Hemanta Gogoi
Satyaranjan Pradhan also posted a comment on Facebook saying Lajju, "was a Very Lucky boy. Love u mahi and virat. god BLS u."
You can watch the video of the two players meting with Lajju here:
Watch in Sign Language
- Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
November 16, 2018
- Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
November 16, 2018
- Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
November 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Headlines November 9, 2018 Virat Kohli apologises after getting trolled for 'Leave India' comment to fan
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Stephen Hawking's wheelchair & thesis fetch over $1 million at auction
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 9, 2018
Get-hooked November 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News