Inclusive movie screening of ‘Andhadhun' held for visually impaired audiences
November 5, 2018
We all enjoy movies - they are fun, entertaining and transport us to another world for a few magical hours. The recent thriller Andhadhun is a new such treat that takes audiences into the world of a blind young pianist caught in circumstances beyond his control. is one such movie that entertains the audience while keeping them on the edge of their seats.
The movie has a cast of very talented actors like Tabu, Radhika Apte and Ayushmann Khurrana who plays the role of a pianist, who is pretending to be blind.
Andhadhun, which means blind melody is a crime thriller with a touch of black comedy and lots of amazing twists. A few days ago a screening of the movie in Mumbai brought the twists alive to an audience of visually impaired students.
The screening was made accessible and inclusive for the blind audience with the help of an application named XL cinema, which gave an audio description of the film for a better experience.
All people needed to do was download the XL cinema application and use earphones to listen to the description. The audio description of the movie was done by Narendra Joshi from the NGO Saksham, who is an expert in the field.
The description helped the audience understand and follow the happenings in the movie, making the experience an inclusive affair for all.
Among those at present at the screening was actor Tabu, whose presence made the show even more memorable for the audience.
Penav Mota, a blind law student was among those present.
We all had a great time and the show was really enjoyable. The movie screening was inclusive and we were able to understand the story line through XL cinema application. - Penav Mota - Blind student
Penav hopes more such screenings will be held in the future.
Also present was Bhuvika Aggarwal, who said the "the audio description was really very good".
The technology is not limited to any particular geographical area. If audio facilities are available on the app, a user can generate an audio ticket by clicking on the app and selecting the mode of choice.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News