Inclusive movie screening of ‘Andhadhun' held for visually impaired audiences
We all enjoy movies - they are fun, entertaining and transport us to another world for a few magical hours. The recent thriller Andhadhun is a new such treat that takes audiences into the world of a blind young pianist caught in circumstances beyond his control. is one such movie that entertains the audience while keeping them on the edge of their seats.
The movie has a cast of very talented actors like Tabu, Radhika Apte and Ayushmann Khurrana who plays the role of a pianist, who is pretending to be blind.
Andhadhun, which means blind melody is a crime thriller with a touch of black comedy and lots of amazing twists. A few days ago a screening of the movie in Mumbai brought the twists alive to an audience of visually impaired students.
The screening was made accessible and inclusive for the blind audience with the help of an application named XL cinema, which gave an audio description of the film for a better experience.
All people needed to do was download the XL cinema application and use earphones to listen to the description. The audio description of the movie was done by Narendra Joshi from the NGO Saksham, who is an expert in the field.
The description helped the audience understand and follow the happenings in the movie, making the experience an inclusive affair for all.
Among those at present at the screening was actor Tabu, whose presence made the show even more memorable for the audience.
Penav Mota, a blind law student was among those present.
We all had a great time and the show was really enjoyable. The movie screening was inclusive and we were able to understand the story line through XL cinema application. - Penav Mota - Blind student
Penav hopes more such screenings will be held in the future.
Also present was Bhuvika Aggarwal, who said the "the audio description was really very good”.
The technology is not limited to any particular geographical area. If audio facilities are available on the app, a user can generate an audio ticket by clicking on the app and selecting the mode of choice.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
November 16, 2018
- Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
November 16, 2018
- Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
November 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Facebook launches TikTok like app called 'Lasso'
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Vijay’s ‘Sarkar’ enters Rs 100 Crore club amidst controversies
- Events November 12, 2018 Inclov Social Spaces Mumbai - New Year Celebration
- Headlines November 10, 2018 India & Taliban hold talks on non-official level in Moscow
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News