Inclusive movie screening of ‘Andhadhun' held for visually impaired audiences
We all enjoy movies - they are fun, entertaining and transport us to another world for a few magical hours. The recent thriller Andhadhun is a new such treat that takes audiences into the world of a blind young pianist caught in circumstances beyond his control. is one such movie that entertains the audience while keeping them on the edge of their seats.
The movie has a cast of very talented actors like Tabu, Radhika Apte and Ayushmann Khurrana who plays the role of a pianist, who is pretending to be blind.
Andhadhun, which means blind melody is a crime thriller with a touch of black comedy and lots of amazing twists. A few days ago a screening of the movie in Mumbai brought the twists alive to an audience of visually impaired students.
The screening was made accessible and inclusive for the blind audience with the help of an application named XL cinema, which gave an audio description of the film for a better experience.
All people needed to do was download the XL cinema application and use earphones to listen to the description. The audio description of the movie was done by Narendra Joshi from the NGO Saksham, who is an expert in the field.
The description helped the audience understand and follow the happenings in the movie, making the experience an inclusive affair for all.
Among those at present at the screening was actor Tabu, whose presence made the show even more memorable for the audience.
Penav Mota, a blind law student was among those present.
We all had a great time and the show was really enjoyable. The movie screening was inclusive and we were able to understand the story line through XL cinema application. - Penav Mota - Blind student
Penav hopes more such screenings will be held in the future.
Also present was Bhuvika Aggarwal, who said the "the audio description was really very good”.
The technology is not limited to any particular geographical area. If audio facilities are available on the app, a user can generate an audio ticket by clicking on the app and selecting the mode of choice.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Events January 24, 2019 Wall Painting for Clean Mumbai
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Headlines January 21, 2019 PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Dhoni set to add another milestone
- Headlines January 23, 2019 PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News