Delhi Air pollution reaches dangerous levels as city gets covered with smog
November 6, 2018
According to reports, air pollution levels of New Delhi had improved over the weekend. But sad news is that it is all set to deteriorate after Diwali. On Monday morning, Delhi was covered by thick smog which indicates that the air pollution has already reached hazardous levels. It has crossed 20 times more than the expected safety figure. Residents of the city are extremely worried and many of them are even refusing to leave outdoors.
Many social media users posted worrying pictures of the smog across Delhi. Most of them were enroute to work on Monday morning when their cars were covered by smog. Things got even worse for two-wheeler users!
Time to act before it's too late, stop playing politics over Delhi air pollution and find some solution. @ArvindKejriwal @mlkhattar @drharshvardhan @ManojTiwariMP- Suraj Kumar, Twitter user
Some of them even mocked at Delhi's air pollution in the most hilarious way.
"Saw #BadhaaiHo. Felt totally let down by the unrealistic situations. I mean, how can you shoot a movie in Delhi and not have a single frame of its killer smog?", tweeted Mahesh Shankar.
Delhi has been ranked as one of the most polluted cities in the world. Over the past couple of years, it has only gotten worse. In spite of the government introducing measures to control pollution, most of the efforts have gone down the drains due to lack of public support.
Earlier, officials had asked Delhiites to refrain from going outdoors on the first week of November, that is, during Diwali. People were asked to not go for early morning jogs, running or even take their cars out. Officials pointed out that people from across the national capital must join hands to ensure that they celebrate a pollution free Diwali.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Headlines March 22, 2019 BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Narendra Modi launches ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ campaign
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News