Delhi Air pollution reaches dangerous levels as city gets covered with smog
November 6, 2018
According to reports, air pollution levels of New Delhi had improved over the weekend. But sad news is that it is all set to deteriorate after Diwali. On Monday morning, Delhi was covered by thick smog which indicates that the air pollution has already reached hazardous levels. It has crossed 20 times more than the expected safety figure. Residents of the city are extremely worried and many of them are even refusing to leave outdoors.
Many social media users posted worrying pictures of the smog across Delhi. Most of them were enroute to work on Monday morning when their cars were covered by smog. Things got even worse for two-wheeler users!
Time to act before it's too late, stop playing politics over Delhi air pollution and find some solution. @ArvindKejriwal @mlkhattar @drharshvardhan @ManojTiwariMP- Suraj Kumar, Twitter user
Some of them even mocked at Delhi's air pollution in the most hilarious way.
"Saw #BadhaaiHo. Felt totally let down by the unrealistic situations. I mean, how can you shoot a movie in Delhi and not have a single frame of its killer smog?", tweeted Mahesh Shankar.
Delhi has been ranked as one of the most polluted cities in the world. Over the past couple of years, it has only gotten worse. In spite of the government introducing measures to control pollution, most of the efforts have gone down the drains due to lack of public support.
Earlier, officials had asked Delhiites to refrain from going outdoors on the first week of November, that is, during Diwali. People were asked to not go for early morning jogs, running or even take their cars out. Officials pointed out that people from across the national capital must join hands to ensure that they celebrate a pollution free Diwali.
Watch in Sign Language
- Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
May 27, 2019
- PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
May 27, 2019
- Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
May 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 27, 2019 PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Hi-tech hearing implants must be followed by rehab programmes say experts
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News