Delhi Air pollution reaches dangerous levels as city gets covered with smog
November 6, 2018
According to reports, air pollution levels of New Delhi had improved over the weekend. But sad news is that it is all set to deteriorate after Diwali. On Monday morning, Delhi was covered by thick smog which indicates that the air pollution has already reached hazardous levels. It has crossed 20 times more than the expected safety figure. Residents of the city are extremely worried and many of them are even refusing to leave outdoors.
Many social media users posted worrying pictures of the smog across Delhi. Most of them were enroute to work on Monday morning when their cars were covered by smog. Things got even worse for two-wheeler users!
Time to act before it's too late, stop playing politics over Delhi air pollution and find some solution. @ArvindKejriwal @mlkhattar @drharshvardhan @ManojTiwariMP- Suraj Kumar, Twitter user
Some of them even mocked at Delhi's air pollution in the most hilarious way.
"Saw #BadhaaiHo. Felt totally let down by the unrealistic situations. I mean, how can you shoot a movie in Delhi and not have a single frame of its killer smog?", tweeted Mahesh Shankar.
Delhi has been ranked as one of the most polluted cities in the world. Over the past couple of years, it has only gotten worse. In spite of the government introducing measures to control pollution, most of the efforts have gone down the drains due to lack of public support.
Earlier, officials had asked Delhiites to refrain from going outdoors on the first week of November, that is, during Diwali. People were asked to not go for early morning jogs, running or even take their cars out. Officials pointed out that people from across the national capital must join hands to ensure that they celebrate a pollution free Diwali.
Watch in Sign Language
- Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
August 22, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News