Lalu Yadav’s son files for divorce, claims marriage was for political gain
The news that Lalu Prasad Yadav's son Tej Pratap has filed for divorce is making headlines. Details of his troubled marriage are coming out in the news everyday.
Tej Pratap, eldest son of the Rashtriya Janata Dal chief, got married to Aishwarya Rai in May this year. He is also a former Bihar minister.
Although Aishwarya and other family members of the Yadav family are quiet about the divorce, Tej Pratap has been vocal and sharing his side of the story with the media.
He claims that he was not interested in getting married to Aishwarya and was forced to by his family. He said he has filed for divorce as he has compatibility issues with his wife.
He claims that Aishwarya has a modern outlook while he has a rural background and upbringing and is therefore not able to get along with her.
Aishwarya completed her post-graduation from a Delhi College while Tej Pratap stopped his studies after class 11.
Tej Pratap recently said that his wedding to Aishwarya Rai was arranged solely for political benefits of his family and party.
Aishwarya Rai is also from a political family and is the daughter of former RJD minister Chandrika Rai and granddaughter of former Bihar CM Daroga Rai.
After the marriage, as expected, we had spats and bitter conflicts on several occasions. - Tej Pratap Yadav
Lalu Prasad Yadav is currently serving term in a Ranchi Jail and it is being hoped that he will be able to dissuade his son from going ahead with the divorce.
While Lalu is in jail, the party matters are being taken care of by his youngest son Tejashwi Yadav. His elder brother, Tej Pratap is reported to have very little interest in politics and is aspiring to be a movie actor.
People on social media had mixed reactions to the news. Ankita Lal tweeted,” Tej Pratap Yadav has filed for divorce from his wife Aishwarya Rai. Good riddance for the girl. God knows why she, being an MBA graduate, married him in the first place!”
Watch in Sign Language
- School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
November 16, 2018
- South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
November 16, 2018
- Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
November 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events November 12, 2018 Inclov Social Spaces Mumbai - New Year Celebration
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Accessibility November 12, 2018 I want to make a mobile app accessible to visually impaired! Really? - Guest column by Shilpi Kapoor, Founder, Barrier Break
- Employment November 11, 2018 Career choices for people with autism
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Help your child with autism sleep better
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News