Lalu Yadav’s son files for divorce, claims marriage was for political gain
The news that Lalu Prasad Yadav's son Tej Pratap has filed for divorce is making headlines. Details of his troubled marriage are coming out in the news everyday.
Tej Pratap, eldest son of the Rashtriya Janata Dal chief, got married to Aishwarya Rai in May this year. He is also a former Bihar minister.
Although Aishwarya and other family members of the Yadav family are quiet about the divorce, Tej Pratap has been vocal and sharing his side of the story with the media.
He claims that he was not interested in getting married to Aishwarya and was forced to by his family. He said he has filed for divorce as he has compatibility issues with his wife.
He claims that Aishwarya has a modern outlook while he has a rural background and upbringing and is therefore not able to get along with her.
Aishwarya completed her post-graduation from a Delhi College while Tej Pratap stopped his studies after class 11.
Tej Pratap recently said that his wedding to Aishwarya Rai was arranged solely for political benefits of his family and party.
Aishwarya Rai is also from a political family and is the daughter of former RJD minister Chandrika Rai and granddaughter of former Bihar CM Daroga Rai.
After the marriage, as expected, we had spats and bitter conflicts on several occasions. - Tej Pratap Yadav
Lalu Prasad Yadav is currently serving term in a Ranchi Jail and it is being hoped that he will be able to dissuade his son from going ahead with the divorce.
While Lalu is in jail, the party matters are being taken care of by his youngest son Tejashwi Yadav. His elder brother, Tej Pratap is reported to have very little interest in politics and is aspiring to be a movie actor.
People on social media had mixed reactions to the news. Ankita Lal tweeted,” Tej Pratap Yadav has filed for divorce from his wife Aishwarya Rai. Good riddance for the girl. God knows why she, being an MBA graduate, married him in the first place!”
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Parasports January 22, 2019 Champions with disabilities display guts & glory at the 2019 Tata Mumbai Marathon
- Headlines January 24, 2019 India wins 1st one day against New Zealand
- Events January 24, 2019 Anand Mitra Mandal for Deaf 42nd Anniversary
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
- Events January 23, 2019 State Level Workshop on Sustainable Development & Accessible Empowerment of Deaf
- Parasports January 20, 2019 Samarthanam Trust, Pinkathon to.organize ultra-marathon for visually impaired people
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News