Lalu Yadav’s son files for divorce, claims marriage was for political gain
November 6, 2018
The news that Lalu Prasad Yadav's son Tej Pratap has filed for divorce is making headlines. Details of his troubled marriage are coming out in the news everyday.
Tej Pratap, eldest son of the Rashtriya Janata Dal chief, got married to Aishwarya Rai in May this year. He is also a former Bihar minister.
Although Aishwarya and other family members of the Yadav family are quiet about the divorce, Tej Pratap has been vocal and sharing his side of the story with the media.
He claims that he was not interested in getting married to Aishwarya and was forced to by his family. He said he has filed for divorce as he has compatibility issues with his wife.
He claims that Aishwarya has a modern outlook while he has a rural background and upbringing and is therefore not able to get along with her.
Aishwarya completed her post-graduation from a Delhi College while Tej Pratap stopped his studies after class 11.
Tej Pratap recently said that his wedding to Aishwarya Rai was arranged solely for political benefits of his family and party.
Aishwarya Rai is also from a political family and is the daughter of former RJD minister Chandrika Rai and granddaughter of former Bihar CM Daroga Rai.
After the marriage, as expected, we had spats and bitter conflicts on several occasions. - Tej Pratap Yadav
Lalu Prasad Yadav is currently serving term in a Ranchi Jail and it is being hoped that he will be able to dissuade his son from going ahead with the divorce.
While Lalu is in jail, the party matters are being taken care of by his youngest son Tejashwi Yadav. His elder brother, Tej Pratap is reported to have very little interest in politics and is aspiring to be a movie actor.
People on social media had mixed reactions to the news. Ankita Lal tweeted," Tej Pratap Yadav has filed for divorce from his wife Aishwarya Rai. Good riddance for the girl. God knows why she, being an MBA graduate, married him in the first place!"
Watch in Sign Language
- Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
May 27, 2019
- PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
May 27, 2019
- Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
May 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 Sports has many benefits for amputees, so go for it, say experts
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 Children with autism more prone to sleep problems, says focused study
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
- Headlines May 26, 2019 PM Modi biopic earns 3 crore
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News