Lalu Yadav’s son files for divorce, claims marriage was for political gain
November 6, 2018
The news that Lalu Prasad Yadav's son Tej Pratap has filed for divorce is making headlines. Details of his troubled marriage are coming out in the news everyday.
Tej Pratap, eldest son of the Rashtriya Janata Dal chief, got married to Aishwarya Rai in May this year. He is also a former Bihar minister.
Although Aishwarya and other family members of the Yadav family are quiet about the divorce, Tej Pratap has been vocal and sharing his side of the story with the media.
He claims that he was not interested in getting married to Aishwarya and was forced to by his family. He said he has filed for divorce as he has compatibility issues with his wife.
He claims that Aishwarya has a modern outlook while he has a rural background and upbringing and is therefore not able to get along with her.
Aishwarya completed her post-graduation from a Delhi College while Tej Pratap stopped his studies after class 11.
Tej Pratap recently said that his wedding to Aishwarya Rai was arranged solely for political benefits of his family and party.
Aishwarya Rai is also from a political family and is the daughter of former RJD minister Chandrika Rai and granddaughter of former Bihar CM Daroga Rai.
After the marriage, as expected, we had spats and bitter conflicts on several occasions. - Tej Pratap Yadav
Lalu Prasad Yadav is currently serving term in a Ranchi Jail and it is being hoped that he will be able to dissuade his son from going ahead with the divorce.
While Lalu is in jail, the party matters are being taken care of by his youngest son Tejashwi Yadav. His elder brother, Tej Pratap is reported to have very little interest in politics and is aspiring to be a movie actor.
People on social media had mixed reactions to the news. Ankita Lalâ€ tweeted," Tej Pratap Yadav has filed for divorce from his wife Aishwarya Rai. Good riddance for the girl. God knows why she, being an MBA graduate, married him in the first place!"
Watch in Sign Language
- Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
August 22, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 11, 2019
Headlines August 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News