Congress JDS alliance wins 4 out 5 seats in Karnataka bypolls
November 7, 2018
By elections were held for five seats in Karnataka on Saturday and the counting of the votes was completed yesterday.
Congress-JDS alliance won four out of the five seats that went for elections making them the most popular option among the people of the state.
The state is currently under a Indian National Congress and Janata Dal (Secular) (JDS) alliance government. The elections were a test for the collaboration of the two parties and also an opportunity for the BJP to show its presence in the state.
However, the results were 4-1 in favor of the ruling alliance and have boasted the confidence of the ruling parties as 67 % voter turnout was reported on Election Day.
Elections were held for Lok Sabha and Assembly seats of Ballari, Mandya, Jamkhandi, Ramanagaram, and Shivamogga.
While Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi are assembly constituencies, Shivamogga, Ballari and Mandya are Lok Sabha seats.
Congress-JDS alliance won both the assembly constituencies – Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi along with Ballari and Mandya and B Y Raghavendra from the BJP won the Shimoga parliamentary seat.
Ballari Lok Sabha seat was considered to be a stronghold of the BJP, but the party lost the seat to V S Ugruppa of Congress by a margin of 2,43,161 votes.
The results are a huge setback to BJP and that too just before the upcoming elections in five states.
The social media went abuzz as the results came out.
Varun Hari Prasadâ€Ź @VarunHariPrasad tweeted, "The people of Mandya, Ramanagara, Bellary, and Jamakhandi have given a resounding thumbs-up to the @INCIndia and @JanataDal_S Government. It's high time that @BSYBJP accepts defeat and lets the Government do its work. #KarnatakaByElection2018 #bypolls result @WithCongressKR"
Ameetâ€Ź @Born4Fun_ wrote ," Is this the end of #bjp in #Karnataka? Is this the sign of bjp will lose 2019 election? @narendramodi"
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Kerala youngster Vijesh Vijayan wins battle for justice in Kerala High Court
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Headlines March 16, 2019 9 people of Indian origin missing in New Zealand mosque attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News