Congress JDS alliance wins 4 out 5 seats in Karnataka bypolls
November 7, 2018
By elections were held for five seats in Karnataka on Saturday and the counting of the votes was completed yesterday.
Congress-JDS alliance won four out of the five seats that went for elections making them the most popular option among the people of the state.
The state is currently under a Indian National Congress and Janata Dal (Secular) (JDS) alliance government. The elections were a test for the collaboration of the two parties and also an opportunity for the BJP to show its presence in the state.
However, the results were 4-1 in favor of the ruling alliance and have boasted the confidence of the ruling parties as 67 % voter turnout was reported on Election Day.
Elections were held for Lok Sabha and Assembly seats of Ballari, Mandya, Jamkhandi, Ramanagaram, and Shivamogga.
While Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi are assembly constituencies, Shivamogga, Ballari and Mandya are Lok Sabha seats.
Congress-JDS alliance won both the assembly constituencies - Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi along with Ballari and Mandya and B Y Raghavendra from the BJP won the Shimoga parliamentary seat.
Ballari Lok Sabha seat was considered to be a stronghold of the BJP, but the party lost the seat to V S Ugruppa of Congress by a margin of 2,43,161 votes.
The results are a huge setback to BJP and that too just before the upcoming elections in five states.
The social media went abuzz as the results came out.
Varun Hari Prasadâ€ @VarunHariPrasad tweeted, "The people of Mandya, Ramanagara, Bellary, and Jamakhandi have given a resounding thumbs-up to the @INCIndia and @JanataDal_S Government. It's high time that @BSYBJP accepts defeat and lets the Government do its work. #KarnatakaByElection2018 #bypolls result @WithCongressKR"
Ameetâ€ @Born4Fun_ wrote ," Is this the end of #bjp in #Karnataka? Is this the sign of bjp will lose 2019 election? @narendramodi"
Watch in Sign Language
- Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
August 22, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 13, 2019
Headlines August 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News