Congress JDS alliance wins 4 out 5 seats in Karnataka bypolls
By elections were held for five seats in Karnataka on Saturday and the counting of the votes was completed yesterday.
Congress-JDS alliance won four out of the five seats that went for elections making them the most popular option among the people of the state.
The state is currently under a Indian National Congress and Janata Dal (Secular) (JDS) alliance government. The elections were a test for the collaboration of the two parties and also an opportunity for the BJP to show its presence in the state.
However, the results were 4-1 in favor of the ruling alliance and have boasted the confidence of the ruling parties as 67 % voter turnout was reported on Election Day.
Elections were held for Lok Sabha and Assembly seats of Ballari, Mandya, Jamkhandi, Ramanagaram, and Shivamogga.
While Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi are assembly constituencies, Shivamogga, Ballari and Mandya are Lok Sabha seats.
Congress-JDS alliance won both the assembly constituencies — Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi along with Ballari and Mandya and B Y Raghavendra from the BJP won the Shimoga parliamentary seat.
Ballari Lok Sabha seat was considered to be a stronghold of the BJP, but the party lost the seat to V S Ugruppa of Congress by a margin of 2,43,161 votes.
The results are a huge setback to BJP and that too just before the upcoming elections in five states.
The social media went abuzz as the results came out.
Varun Hari Prasad @VarunHariPrasad tweeted, “The people of Mandya, Ramanagara, Bellary, and Jamakhandi have given a resounding thumbs-up to the @INCIndia and @JanataDal_S Government. It’s high time that @BSYBJP accepts defeat and lets the Government do its work. #KarnatakaByElection2018 #bypolls result @WithCongressKR”
Ameet @Born4Fun_ wrote ,” Is this the end of #bjp in #Karnataka? Is this the sign of bjp will lose 2019 election? @narendramodi”
Watch in Sign Language
- School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
November 16, 2018
- After Trump declined invite, South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
November 16, 2018
- Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
November 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Inclusive trek near Bengaluru brings visually impaired & sighted people together
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Sabarimala remains turbulent as communal tenions continue
- Headlines November 9, 2018 Virat Kohli apologises after getting trolled for 'Leave India' comment to fan
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Events November 12, 2018 Inclov Social Spaces Mumbai - New Year Celebration
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Autism Spectrum Disorder
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines November 14, 2018
Headlines November 11, 2018
Headlines November 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News