Congress JDS alliance wins 4 out 5 seats in Karnataka bypolls
By elections were held for five seats in Karnataka on Saturday and the counting of the votes was completed yesterday.
Congress-JDS alliance won four out of the five seats that went for elections making them the most popular option among the people of the state.
The state is currently under a Indian National Congress and Janata Dal (Secular) (JDS) alliance government. The elections were a test for the collaboration of the two parties and also an opportunity for the BJP to show its presence in the state.
However, the results were 4-1 in favor of the ruling alliance and have boasted the confidence of the ruling parties as 67 % voter turnout was reported on Election Day.
Elections were held for Lok Sabha and Assembly seats of Ballari, Mandya, Jamkhandi, Ramanagaram, and Shivamogga.
While Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi are assembly constituencies, Shivamogga, Ballari and Mandya are Lok Sabha seats.
Congress-JDS alliance won both the assembly constituencies — Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi along with Ballari and Mandya and B Y Raghavendra from the BJP won the Shimoga parliamentary seat.
Ballari Lok Sabha seat was considered to be a stronghold of the BJP, but the party lost the seat to V S Ugruppa of Congress by a margin of 2,43,161 votes.
The results are a huge setback to BJP and that too just before the upcoming elections in five states.
The social media went abuzz as the results came out.
Varun Hari Prasad @VarunHariPrasad tweeted, “The people of Mandya, Ramanagara, Bellary, and Jamakhandi have given a resounding thumbs-up to the @INCIndia and @JanataDal_S Government. It’s high time that @BSYBJP accepts defeat and lets the Government do its work. #KarnatakaByElection2018 #bypolls result @WithCongressKR”
Ameet @Born4Fun_ wrote ,” Is this the end of #bjp in #Karnataka? Is this the sign of bjp will lose 2019 election? @narendramodi”
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
- Headlines January 24, 2019 India wins 1st one day against New Zealand
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Supreme Court allows dance bars in Maharashtra to reopen
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Senior BJP leader makes offensive remarks about Mayawati
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
- Get-hooked January 24, 2019 Some common misconceptions about Braille
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 10, 2019
Headlines January 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News