Congress JDS alliance wins 4 out 5 seats in Karnataka bypolls
November 7, 2018
By elections were held for five seats in Karnataka on Saturday and the counting of the votes was completed yesterday.
Congress-JDS alliance won four out of the five seats that went for elections making them the most popular option among the people of the state.
The state is currently under a Indian National Congress and Janata Dal (Secular) (JDS) alliance government. The elections were a test for the collaboration of the two parties and also an opportunity for the BJP to show its presence in the state.
However, the results were 4-1 in favor of the ruling alliance and have boasted the confidence of the ruling parties as 67 % voter turnout was reported on Election Day.
Elections were held for Lok Sabha and Assembly seats of Ballari, Mandya, Jamkhandi, Ramanagaram, and Shivamogga.
While Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi are assembly constituencies, Shivamogga, Ballari and Mandya are Lok Sabha seats.
Congress-JDS alliance won both the assembly constituencies – Ramanagaram and Jamkhandi along with Ballari and Mandya and B Y Raghavendra from the BJP won the Shimoga parliamentary seat.
Ballari Lok Sabha seat was considered to be a stronghold of the BJP, but the party lost the seat to V S Ugruppa of Congress by a margin of 2,43,161 votes.
The results are a huge setback to BJP and that too just before the upcoming elections in five states.
The social media went abuzz as the results came out.
Varun Hari Prasadâ€Ź @VarunHariPrasad tweeted, "The people of Mandya, Ramanagara, Bellary, and Jamakhandi have given a resounding thumbs-up to the @INCIndia and @JanataDal_S Government. It's high time that @BSYBJP accepts defeat and lets the Government do its work. #KarnatakaByElection2018 #bypolls result @WithCongressKR"
Ameetâ€Ź @Born4Fun_ wrote ," Is this the end of #bjp in #Karnataka? Is this the sign of bjp will lose 2019 election? @narendramodi"
Watch in Sign Language
- Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
May 27, 2019
- PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
May 27, 2019
- Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
May 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 Understanding Phantom Limb Pain
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Pune centre builds awareness, stands up to the stigma around schizophrenia
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News