Patanjali launches first clothing store
November 7, 2018
Patanjali Ayurveda Limited has been involved in the manufacturing of mineral and herbal products and has quite a large customer base in India.
Baba Ramdev, who started the company with the aim of promoting Indian made products has now added another wing to the business.
Patanjali is all set to make its foray in the business of apparels in India. Ramdev himself has launched Patanjali Ayurveda's first clothing store called 'Paridhan' in Delhi.
The stores will sell sportswear through the brand Livfit, while clothing for men is under the brand Sanskar and women's wear is brand Aastha.
The clothes are for all age groups,styles, genders and are said to be cheaper than similar clothing by international brands. Accessories like artificial jewelry and wedding clothes will also be available at 'Paridhan'.
The company's current plans are for the setting up of around 100 outlets of the Paridhan stores in India by the year 2019 and in future these will be extended to 500 by March of 2020. The company is also working on making the clothes available for online shopping by the next year.
Patanjali management has high hopes from the new venture and are aiming to make at least Rs 1,000 crore through the sale of clothes in a year.
Patanjali founder Ramdev tweeted about Paridhan launch.
Let's don the 'Swadeshi Gaurav'. Get these three Patanjali Paridhan products (1 Jeans & 2 T-Shirts ) worth Rs 7000 in only Rs 1100 in this festive season. Join our Swadeshi movement to end the loot of multinational companies
"We want ordinary people to feel proud of wearing domestic brand," he added.
Many people took to social media to share their thoughts about the venture. Priyanka @connecting100 tweeted,"Patanjali launched Paridhan clothing brand which is made with bamboo fiber which is anti-microbial and eco-friendly. Paridhan has three brands LiveFit, Aastha and Sanskar having around 3000 varieties for kids, men and women wear. "
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News