PM Modi spends Diwali at Kedarnath, meets soldiers on India-China border
November 8, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi spent Diwali morning at Kedarnath in Uttarakhand where he offered prayers at the temple for Lord Shiva. He also extended Diwali greetings to soldiers posted on the India-China border.
In a message to the soldiers, he said their duty was making the country stronger.
Celebrated Diwali with our valorous Army and @ITBP_official personnel at Harsil in Uttarakhand. India is immensely proud of all those who protect our nation, with utmost dedication and courage. We salute them! - Prime Minister Narendra Modi
PM Modi also said that the commitment shown by the jawans was helping to spread a feeling of security and fearlessness among the people.
Earlier he greeted the nation with the tweet, "Happy Diwali! May this festival bring happiness, good health and prosperity in everyone's lives. May the power of good and brightness always prevail!"
The Prime Minister also examine the reconstruction work at the Kedarpuri reconstruction project, for which he laid the foundation stone last year.
After becoming the prime minister in 2014, PM Modi had spent his Diwali in Siachen with jawans. In 2015, he had visited the Punjab border on Diwali. In 2016, he spent time with Indo-Tibetan Border Police personnel at an outpost in Himachal Pradesh. Last year, he spent his Diwali with Gurez in Jammu and Kashmir.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 16, 2019 CRPF bans jawans from playing PUBG game
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Events May 15, 2019 Movie Screening on Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Events May 16, 2019 Na Main Na Hain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News