PM Modi spends Diwali at Kedarnath, meets soldiers on India-China border
November 8, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi spent Diwali morning at Kedarnath in Uttarakhand where he offered prayers at the temple for Lord Shiva. He also extended Diwali greetings to soldiers posted on the India-China border.
In a message to the soldiers, he said their duty was making the country stronger.
Celebrated Diwali with our valorous Army and @ITBP_official personnel at Harsil in Uttarakhand. India is immensely proud of all those who protect our nation, with utmost dedication and courage. We salute them! - Prime Minister Narendra Modi
PM Modi also said that the commitment shown by the jawans was helping to spread a feeling of security and fearlessness among the people.
Earlier he greeted the nation with the tweet, "Happy Diwali! May this festival bring happiness, good health and prosperity in everyone's lives. May the power of good and brightness always prevail!"
The Prime Minister also examine the reconstruction work at the Kedarpuri reconstruction project, for which he laid the foundation stone last year.
After becoming the prime minister in 2014, PM Modi had spent his Diwali in Siachen with jawans. In 2015, he had visited the Punjab border on Diwali. In 2016, he spent time with Indo-Tibetan Border Police personnel at an outpost in Himachal Pradesh. Last year, he spent his Diwali with Gurez in Jammu and Kashmir.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Events July 18, 2019 RUN for Wheels Marathon
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News