Yogi Adityanath announces plans to build Ram statue in Ayodhya
Yogi Adityanath, who is the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, said that Ayodhya will soon get a statue of Lord Ram. The announcement was made on Wednesday morning, on the occasion of Diwali. Yogi had even renamed Faizabad district as Ayodhya as part of Uttar Pradesh government's Diwali celebration. This is one amongst Yogi's propaganda of spreading Hindutva across the state. Two sites have already been shortlisted to install the statue. Yogi had announced about building a Ram statue last year itself.
Yogi said that people come to Ayodhya in order to view and remember Lord Ram since Ayodhya is his birth place. He also added that there is a Ram Mandir and it has always been there. According to him, the government is looking into various ways through which the statue can be built under constitutional frameworks.
Social media users had varied opinions on the name change and also about building a Ram statue.
So Faizabad, the erstwhile capital of the great Nawabs of Avadh, has been renamed as 'Sri Ayodhya'. Does Uttar Pradesh have a functioning government or did the people elect a comedy circus to provide some sick entertainment? Absolutely shameful! #Faizabad #SriAyodhya #Ayodhya- Manimugdha Sharma, Twitter user
According to reports, Yogi plans to have the statue inside a temple. The airport will be renamed after Lord Ram and the medical college will be named after Dasrath, who is Ram’s father.
“A new airport will be constructed in Ayodhya,which will be named after Lord Ram . A new medical college will be established in Ayodhya , which will be named after Raja Dashrath . Ayodhya getting its glory back . kudos @myogiadityanath Ji #Ayodhya #AyodhyaKiDiwali”, tweeted Ram Chhapolia
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 23, 2019 State Level Workshop on Sustainable Development & Accessible Empowerment of Deaf
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 14, 2019
Headlines January 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News