Yogi Adityanath announces plans to build Ram statue in Ayodhya
November 8, 2018
Yogi Adityanath, who is the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, said that Ayodhya will soon get a statue of Lord Ram. The announcement was made on Wednesday morning, on the occasion of Diwali. Yogi had even renamed Faizabad district as Ayodhya as part of Uttar Pradesh government's Diwali celebration. This is one amongst Yogi's propaganda of spreading Hindutva across the state. Two sites have already been shortlisted to install the statue. Yogi had announced about building a Ram statue last year itself.
Yogi said that people come to Ayodhya in order to view and remember Lord Ram since Ayodhya is his birth place. He also added that there is a Ram Mandir and it has always been there. According to him, the government is looking into various ways through which the statue can be built under constitutional frameworks.
Social media users had varied opinions on the name change and also about building a Ram statue.
So Faizabad, the erstwhile capital of the great Nawabs of Avadh, has been renamed as 'Sri Ayodhya'. Does Uttar Pradesh have a functioning government or did the people elect a comedy circus to provide some sick entertainment? Absolutely shameful! #Faizabad #SriAyodhya #Ayodhya- Manimugdha Sharma, Twitter user
According to reports, Yogi plans to have the statue inside a temple. The airport will be renamed after Lord Ram and the medical college will be named after Dasrath, who is Ram's father.
"A new airport will be constructed in Ayodhya,which will be named after Lord Ram . A new medical college will be established in Ayodhya , which will be named after Raja Dashrath . Ayodhya getting its glory back . kudos @myogiadityanath Ji #Ayodhya #AyodhyaKiDiwali", tweeted Ram Chhapolia
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Events March 14, 2019 World Down Syndrome Celebration
- Headlines March 12, 2019 Actor Mohanlal, Prabhudeva receive Padma awards
- Events March 14, 2019 Fun Club
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Accessibility March 14, 2019 Court asks ministries to respond to PIL challenging separate ID cards for rail concessions for disabled people
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 Discriminatory medical admission guidelines regarding disabled aspirants crush this Ranchi doctor's dream
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News