Delhi pollution at hazardous levels after Diwali celebrations
In spite of officials pointing out the rise in hazardous pollution levels, Delhiites were bursting crackers throughout the past two days as part of Diwali celebrations. This has worsened the pollution levels in the national capital. Reports stated that the air Delhiites are going to breathe in the coming days can cause severe health hazards.
The Supreme Court had ordered that only green firecrackers must be burst for Diwali and other celebrations. That too, only between 8 pm and 10 pm. In spite of the order, crackers were burst across the city throughout the day.
Some of the main areas that indicated rise in pollution levels are Lajpat Nagar, Mayur Vihar extension, Dwarka, Noida Sector 78 and IP extension. Supreme Court law was clearly violated in these areas as well.
Social media users posted statistics of how the pollution levels increased in a few hours. The agony and worry of living in an unhealthy environment was clearly seen from many Delhiites.
Dear @narendramodi , please convene a high level inter-ministerial meeting to address the air pollution crisis IN Delhi and North India. Ministers of Envt, Agriculture, Water Resources, Home, Science & Technology must be part of it. It's AN EMERGENCY, RESPOND TO IT PLEASE- Vimlendu Jha, Delhi resident
According to reports, the Delhi police also received over 200 calls of fire related accidents in various parts of the city. The central government along with Delhi state government is ensuring that a Clean Air Campaign will be held from 1 to 10 November.
“11:29 non stop bursting of crackers. Delhi needs pollution to sleep. Stars were seen in delhi in 20th century. Feeling sorry for the upcoming generations and people encouraging their children to make it a go for crackers. No benefits of school education #Airpollution #Delhi”, tweeted Chaudhary Sumit Chalal
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Headlines January 24, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi joins politics, gets key role
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 10, 2019
Headlines January 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News