'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
November 9, 2018
Much awaited movie Thugs of Hindostan starring some of the biggest actors of the film industry was released yesterday. The movie features Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan working together for the first time.
Other prominent actors are Katrina Kaif, Fatima Sana Shaikh, Ronit Roy, Lloyd Owen and the film has been directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya. Vijay Krishna Acharya has also directed movies such as Dhoom series, Bluffmaster and few more.
The story of Thugs of Hindostan is based in the year 1795. The movie has some amazing visuals but lacks in content. The actors have very less to do, although a lot seems to be happening on the screen at once.
The story of the film is about a girl Zafira (Fatima Sana Shaikh) who takes revenge from the British for killing her father. She is trained for fighting by Khudabaksh or Azad (Amitabh Bachchan)
Aamir Khan plays the role of Firangi Mallah who is hired by the British so that Khudabaksh can be caught. His character has shades of grey and keeps playing between the good guys and the bad ones.
The movie is not enough to showcase the talents of powerhouses like Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan. The movie leaves the audience unsatisfied in many areas as the characters act in very predictive manner and not a lot is left to discover.
Katrina Kaif is seen in a long cameo and appears in a few songs and does not have much to do in the film. The special effects and action sequences have been added nicely and look interesting at times.
The music is average and songs by music directors Ajay-Atul are mostly based on situations in the movie. The back ground score is better and has been created by John Stewart Eduri.
Overall Thugs of Hindostan is a treat for fans who wanted to see Amitabh and Aamir act together.
Here are some of the responses from social media users who watched the film.
Siddharth Dhamijaâ€ @DhamijaSid wrote
@taran_adarsh 6 tickets down the drain. With so much of hype around #ThugsOfHindosthan and its caste, we didn't even bother reading the review before booking our tickets. Lesson learnt for future.
Subash Pokhrelâ€ @subashpokhrel78 wrote,"Replying to @TusharrJoshi I m too in threatre . Very slow start . Boring (nothing new to watch ) Till 43mins #ThugsOfHindosthan gives the glimpse of #PiratesoftheCaribbean"
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News