India & Taliban hold talks on non-official level in Moscow
For the first time ever, India held talks with the Taliban, but in a non-official capacity during a multilateral meeting in Moscow on Friday.
Russia is hosting peace talks in Afghanistan and invited many countries including India, the United States, Pakistan and China. The Taliban was also be part of the meeting.
India was represented by Amar Sinha, former India ambassador to Afghanistan, and T C A Raghavan, former Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan.
India made the move to be a part of the talks after President Vladimir Putin visited New Delhi in October for an annual bilateral summit with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
India supports all efforts at peace and reconciliation in Afghanistan that will preserve unity and plurality, and bring security, stability and prosperity to the country. Raveesh Kumar, Indian Foreign Ministry Spokesperson
This is the first time that India was a part of talks with Taliban for peace in Afghanistan.
The talks are being called the Moscow Format and invitations had been sent to Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Supreme Court allows dance bars in Maharashtra to reopen
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
- Events January 24, 2019 Anand Mitra Mandal for Deaf 42nd Anniversary
- Accessibility January 24, 2019 Disability groups fume over Supreme Court order on "reasonable sight, hearing, speech faculties" for judicial officer
- Technology January 23, 2019 Inspiration is just a phone call away thanks to EnAble Vaani
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
- Headlines January 24, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi joins politics, gets key role
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 10, 2019
Headlines January 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News