Vijay’s ‘Sarkar’ enters Rs 100 Crore club amidst controversies
November 10, 2018
Tamil superstar Vijay's 'Sarkar' is running in packed houses in theatres across India. The movie which is a Diwali release has already collected a whopping Rs 100 crore a couple of days after its release! This is indeed a huge one for a Tamil movie.
Amidst its grand success, 'Sarkar' is facing the heat of controversy as well. Two ministers from the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) have come forward to press charges against makers of the movie. Apparently, the movie showcases the political party in a negative light by showing that they give away freebies for garnering votes during election.
Tamil Nadu state ministers CV Shanmugam and Kadambur C Raju stated that they want the scenes to be removed from the movie. Some people also pointed out that the character played by Varalaxmi Sarathkumar depicts Tamil Nadu ex Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa. The producers of the movie have agreed to the demands of AIADMK and said that the controversial scenes will be removed at the earliest.
Director of 'Sarkar' AR Murugadoss even moved the Madras High Court seeking for an anticipatory bail. The police came to his house on Thursday but did not make any arrests. They said that the cops were on a regular duty and there were no intentions to arrest him.
Police had come to my house late tonight and banged the door several times. Since I was not there they left the premises. Right now I was told there is no police outside my house- AR Murugadoss, Director, Sarkar
'Sarkar' is produced by Kalanithi Maran under the banner of Sun Pictures. Apart from Vijay, the movie also stars Keerthy Suresh, Varalaxmi Sarathkumar, Yogi Babu and Radha Ravi. Music is composed by AR Rahman and the camera for the movie was wielded by Girish Gangadharan. The movie also has a Telugu dubbed version which also became a success.
In spite of the buzz, Vijay fans are rushing to theatres to watch his latest movie. Social media was flooded with tweets favouring 'Sarkar'.
"When will people start watching films as films and not take it as a personal attack?? Happy all the controversy is creating more buzz for the film #Sarkar #ISupportSarkar", tweeted Vidyu Raman
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Female Special Police Officer in J&K shot dead by terrorists
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Medical Council of India changes postgraduate admission rules only for students with locomotor disabilities
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 How a Facebook page helped rally a support group for wheelchair users in Kerala
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News