‘Thugs of Hindostan’ crosses Rs 50 crore on first day of release
November 11, 2018
We all know that superstar movies, in spite of a boring plot, can do well in the box office. Latest to join the band wagon is Diwali release 'Thugs of Hindostan'. The movie starring Amitabh Bachchan and Amir Khan in leading roles have collected over Rs 50 crore on the first day of its worldwide release! This is the highest ever for a Bollywood movie. Thugs of Hindustan have broken the record of Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' and Prabhas' movie 'Baahubali' on the first day of its release. The movie also released in both Tamil and Telugu dubbed versions as well.
The movie had got a negative review from critics who said that it does not have a good plot. Thugs of Hindostan is a fictional historical movie set in 1795 during when the country was filled by a group called thugs who were a threat to expansion of the East Indian Company in India.
Would be surprised if #ThugsOfHindostan crosses the Rs 30 crore mark today - The Morning and Noon Shows occupancy wasn't up-to the mark! The is a visible drop (more than the usual norm) all across!- Himesh, Twitter user
According to reports, the movie has already leaked online within a few hours of its release. Fans have already written to the Tamil Film Producers Council (TFPC) to take legal action against the website that leaked the movie.
The reactions for the movie were mixed when a few fans posted online how the actors and the making of the movie are great.
"If you cancelled watching #ThugsofHindostan due to negative reviews, you are missing a good family entertainer this Diwali. Not outstanding but definitely good enough", tweeted Rupesh Malu.
Thugs of Hindustan is directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced by Aditya Chopra under the banner of Yash Raj Films. The movie also stars English actor Llyod Owen, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Sheikh in other prominent roles. Music of the movie has been composed by Ajay-Atul. Thugs of Hindostan are gearing up to break more records in the next few days to come.
ALSO READ: 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals win again
April 26, 2019
- BJP to contest more seats than Congress in Lok Sabha elections
April 26, 2019
- Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
April 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 New study links excessive screen time and ADHD in children
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 India provides 100 wheelchairs to Afghan war veterans
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Headlines April 26, 2019 Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
- Accessibility April 25, 2019 Wheelchair users enjoy their first boat ride down Kerala's famous Periyar river
- Events April 24, 2019 5th International Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Conference & WheelChair Games 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News