‘Thugs of Hindostan’ crosses Rs 50 crore on first day of release
We all know that superstar movies, in spite of a boring plot, can do well in the box office. Latest to join the band wagon is Diwali release ‘Thugs of Hindostan’. The movie starring Amitabh Bachchan and Amir Khan in leading roles have collected over Rs 50 crore on the first day of its worldwide release! This is the highest ever for a Bollywood movie. Thugs of Hindustan have broken the record of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ and Prabhas' movie ‘Baahubali’ on the first day of its release. The movie also released in both Tamil and Telugu dubbed versions as well.
The movie had got a negative review from critics who said that it does not have a good plot. Thugs of Hindostan is a fictional historical movie set in 1795 during when the country was filled by a group called thugs who were a threat to expansion of the East Indian Company in India.
Would be surprised if #ThugsOfHindostan crosses the Rs 30 crore mark today - The Morning and Noon Shows occupancy wasn't up-to the mark! The is a visible drop (more than the usual norm) all across!- Himesh, Twitter user
According to reports, the movie has already leaked online within a few hours of its release. Fans have already written to the Tamil Film Producers Council (TFPC) to take legal action against the website that leaked the movie.
The reactions for the movie were mixed when a few fans posted online how the actors and the making of the movie are great.
“If you cancelled watching #ThugsofHindostan due to negative reviews, you are missing a good family entertainer this Diwali. Not outstanding but definitely good enough”, tweeted Rupesh Malu.
Thugs of Hindustan is directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced by Aditya Chopra under the banner of Yash Raj Films. The movie also stars English actor Llyod Owen, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Sheikh in other prominent roles. Music of the movie has been composed by Ajay-Atul. Thugs of Hindostan are gearing up to break more records in the next few days to come.
ALSO READ: 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
Watch in Sign Language
- Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
February 16, 2019
- Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
February 16, 2019
- Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 7, 2019
Headlines February 6, 2019
Headlines February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News