‘Thugs of Hindostan’ crosses Rs 50 crore on first day of release
November 11, 2018
We all know that superstar movies, in spite of a boring plot, can do well in the box office. Latest to join the band wagon is Diwali release 'Thugs of Hindostan'. The movie starring Amitabh Bachchan and Amir Khan in leading roles have collected over Rs 50 crore on the first day of its worldwide release! This is the highest ever for a Bollywood movie. Thugs of Hindustan have broken the record of Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' and Prabhas' movie 'Baahubali' on the first day of its release. The movie also released in both Tamil and Telugu dubbed versions as well.
The movie had got a negative review from critics who said that it does not have a good plot. Thugs of Hindostan is a fictional historical movie set in 1795 during when the country was filled by a group called thugs who were a threat to expansion of the East Indian Company in India.
Would be surprised if #ThugsOfHindostan crosses the Rs 30 crore mark today - The Morning and Noon Shows occupancy wasn't up-to the mark! The is a visible drop (more than the usual norm) all across!- Himesh, Twitter user
According to reports, the movie has already leaked online within a few hours of its release. Fans have already written to the Tamil Film Producers Council (TFPC) to take legal action against the website that leaked the movie.
The reactions for the movie were mixed when a few fans posted online how the actors and the making of the movie are great.
"If you cancelled watching #ThugsofHindostan due to negative reviews, you are missing a good family entertainer this Diwali. Not outstanding but definitely good enough", tweeted Rupesh Malu.
Thugs of Hindustan is directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced by Aditya Chopra under the banner of Yash Raj Films. The movie also stars English actor Llyod Owen, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Sheikh in other prominent roles. Music of the movie has been composed by Ajay-Atul. Thugs of Hindostan are gearing up to break more records in the next few days to come.
ALSO READ: 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News