Some activities for children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
November 12, 2018
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a condition where the individual will have difficulties in giving attention to one particular thing. They will also be hyperactive and impulsive. Today, thousands of children are diagnosed with ADHD in India. By providing the right therapies and activities, they will be able to excel in academics and in life.
There are three types of ADHD. One is primarily attentive, second one is primarily hyperactive and the third one is a combination of both. There are some activities that can be of immense help to children with ADHD.
Skating, swimming, distance running and basketball are some of the activities that children with ADHD can do on their own. That way, they can concentrate on the activity without bothering about the social interaction part. When a child has to interact with others, it creates a lot of unwanted pressure in them- Sarbani Mallick, Founder, Biswagouri Charitable Trust.
Check out these activities that can help children with ADHD concentrate and learn better
- Arts and crafts- We all know that arts are always the ideal therapy for children with any kind of disability. Like music and dance can have a therapeutic effect on children with and without disabilities. Children with ADHD are not really interested in academics. But they show a keen interest on arts and crafts. Since they have very less attention span, it is always better if they are introduced to arts and crafts.
- Outdoor sports- This is one of the best activities that can help children with ADHD. They can even start walking at least for 20 minutes every day which is also a great activity! Some sports that they can try out are hiking and scouting. Games like cricket, football and basketball helps increase their attention span and is also a great physical activity to burn out extra calories!
- Gardening- Nature has a therapeutic effect. It does wonders to your mind and body. According to experts, gardening is something that children with ADHD must try. In today's world, trees are drastically cut down and greens are destroyed. This is the right time for our next generation to get introduced to the value of having a lot of greens. Let your child have their own mini garden at home. It will help them enhance their attention span, concentration and also know the beauty of nature!
- Working with animals- Science has proved that children with disabilities benefit a lot from animals. The love and companionship provided by four-legged friends needs no special mention. Have you noticed that children with disabilities, especially those who lack social skills, find great companions in dogs and cats? Introduce your child to animals and you will see how they learn caring, love and sharing.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News