Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
November 13, 2018
Union Minister Ananth Kumar passed away at the age of 59. Kumar, who was an active leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Minister of Parliamentary Affairs breathed his last at a private hospital in Bengaluru. Kumar was undergoing treatment for lung cancer, and had just returned from the United States after treatment. His wife and two children were with him during his last moments.
Kumar was one of the most popular BJP leaders from Karnataka. Hence, the government of Karnataka has declared three day mourning across the state. No government events will be held in the next three days. All the government run institutions will have a holiday as well. His last rites will take place at Bengaluru on Tuesday with all government honours.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted that the country has lost an eminent politician.
Extremely saddened by the passing away of my valued colleague and friend, Shri Ananth Kumar Ji. He was a remarkable leader, who entered public life at a young age and went on to serve society with utmost diligence and compassion. He will always be remembered for his good work- Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
The national flag will fly half mast across India to mourn the loss of an eminent leader. Kumar had also served the central government when Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the Prime Minister of India. He is also the first person to give a speech in Kannada at the United Nations. A six time Member of Parliament (MP), Kumar's death is indeed a huge loss to Karnataka.
"Sad to hear of the passing of Union minister and veteran parliamentarian Shri H.N. Ananth Kumar. This is a tragic loss to public life in our country and particularly for the people of Karnataka. My condolences to his family, colleagues and countless associates #PresidentKovind", tweeted Indian President Ramnath Kovind.
Watch in Sign Language
- India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar will not be replaced, says Virat Kohli
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News