The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
From the first ever Tamil short film made by a visually impaired person to introduction of Chennai’s disabled cricket team- Lagaan, the annual Rendevous event of well-known disability group The Headway Foundation promises to be an exciting affair with cultural activities as well.
The event will be held in Chennai on 25 January, to commemorate the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD). There is plenty of inspiration to draw at the event, which will also see 12 achievers with disabilities being felicitated.
Popular film star-turned-politician Kamal Haasan will be present at the event, which reminds us every year why there is so much to celebrate about inclusion.
Based in Chennai, The Headway Foundation is committed to building awareness about the challenges and issues faced by people with disabilities. At the same time, it seeks to celebrate their abilities by showcasing their achievements.
For me Rendezvous is the celebration of inclusion and an opportunity to create awareness about the abilities of people with disabilities. My aim is to make sure that people with disabilities are made part of the mainstream and barriers are broken. Together we can change the mindsets of the society and accept differences.” - K Raghavi Senthilkumar, Founder, The Headway Foundation.
The event will see the participation of around 2,000 people with and without disabilities.
"Rendezvous is a differently-abled family cultural event of The Headway Foundation where you can find inclusion, love, care, affection, and fun with the help of volunteers whose hearts are fully filled with love," says Barnabas Immanuel, Head, Corporate Relations, The Headway Foundation
The aim of the event is to bring in a feeling of confidence and empowerment in people with disabilities. A feeling that no matter what the challenges, they can be overcome.
"Our annual flagship event Rendezvous is all about celebrating inclusion, empowering people with disabilities to feel confident and dignified, regardless of their situation. Also we introduce and feature people with disabilities to strengthen the idea of Inclusion."Gayathri Project Head - The Headway Foundation
To know more about the event and The Headway Foundation, click here .
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News