The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
From the first ever Tamil short film made by a visually impaired person to introduction of Chennai's disabled cricket team- Lagaan, the annual Rendevous event of well-known disability group The Headway Foundation promises to be an exciting affair with cultural activities as well.
The event will be held in Chennai on 25 January, to commemorate the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD). There is plenty of inspiration to draw at the event, which will also see 12 achievers with disabilities being felicitated.
Popular film star-turned-politician Kamal Haasan will be present at the event, which reminds us every year why there is so much to celebrate about inclusion.
Based in Chennai, The Headway Foundation is committed to building awareness about the challenges and issues faced by people with disabilities. At the same time, it seeks to celebrate their abilities by showcasing their achievements.
For me Rendezvous is the celebration of inclusion and an opportunity to create awareness about the abilities of people with disabilities. My aim is to make sure that people with disabilities are made part of the mainstream and barriers are broken. Together we can change the mindsets of the society and accept differences." - K Raghavi Senthilkumar, Founder, The Headway Foundation.
The event will see the participation of around 2,000 people with and without disabilities.
"Rendezvous is a differently-abled family cultural event of The Headway Foundation where you can find inclusion, love, care, affection, and fun with the help of volunteers whose hearts are fully filled with love," says Barnabas Immanuel, Head, Corporate Relations, The Headway Foundation
The aim of the event is to bring in a feeling of confidence and empowerment in people with disabilities. A feeling that no matter what the challenges, they can be overcome.
"Our annual flagship event Rendezvous is all about celebrating inclusion, empowering people with disabilities to feel confident and dignified, regardless of their situation. Also we introduce and feature people with disabilities to strengthen the idea of Inclusion."Gayathri Project Head - The Headway Foundation
To know more about the event and The Headway Foundation, click here .
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News