Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
Fans of Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar are shocked to know that he has been summoned by a Special Investigation Team -SIT.
The SIT is investigating the 2015 Bargari sacrilege case involving self-styled god man Ram Rahim Singh.
Sacrilege is the violation or inappropriate treatment of a sacred object or person.
Apart from Akshay Kumar, Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) leader and former Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his son Sukbhir Singh Badal have also been summoned by the SIT in regards with the investigation.
The case is about police firing that took place in Kalan and Kotkapura areas of Punjab in 2015. The mob was protesting a series of sacrilege in Punjab at the time and the firing resulted in death of two people and around 60 were injured.
The SIT summons claim that the sacrilege dispute was between Shiromani Akali Dal and the then Dera Sacha Sauda chief Ram Rahim Singh, while Akshay is believed to have helped the two parties mediate.
In response to the summons, Akshay Kumar issued a statement saying he has never met Ram Rahim.
I shall never do anything that would even remotely hurt sentiments of my Punjabi brothers and sisters. Akshay also said
Akshay also shared on social media that Gurmeet Ram Rahim had stayed in the same Juhu locality in Mumbai for some time but he never met him.
Social media users had mixed reactions to the actor’s statements and the SIT summons against him. Some people proclaimed their faith for Akshay while others supported the procedure followed by the Special Investigation Team.
Akshay’s fan Ajju @Huss_Master tweeted,”@akshaykumar You can never be wrong, even if by mistake you did something wrong i know you would accept it openly! #respect to you #Proud fan
While another user Neha Samee @nehasamee11 wrote,”The SIT was an independent entity and was functioning without any government interference," Punjab Govt had no role in summoning Khiladi kumar n Badals..”
Justice Ranjit Singh Commission that investigated the whole issue sheds light on the case.
In one incident, Guru Granth Sahib, the holy text of the Sikhs was desecrated while in another, Ram Rahim had dressed up as the 10th Sikh Guru Gobind Singh. These incidents caused much anger amongst the people of Sikh community and they carried out protests. The situation became worse when Ram Rahim was pardoned by the Akal Takht.
The Commission reports states that it was Akshay Kumar who had mediated between the Badals and Dera Sacha Sauda to get the pardon for Ram Rahim.
Akshay Kumar has been asked by the SIT to appear before it on 21 November in Amritsar.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
February 16, 2019
- Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
February 16, 2019
- Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 14, 2019
Headlines February 9, 2019
Headlines February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News