Hi Bhavna. I am a blind girl interested in learning how to cook. Are there cooking classes in Mumbai for visually impaired people?.
January 24, 2019
Name - Chetna, Mumbai
Ans. Thank you for writing to us.
Cooking is a useful skill and it is good you are looking to pick up some tips. Shirin Kheriwala has weekly classes for blind and low vision people. These are held at Victoria Memorial School for the Blind in Tardeo.
To find out more, call 022 2353 1236.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Society for Empowerment of Deafblind aims to make the community aware of its rights
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Inclusion Walkathon 2019 aims to spread the message of a world without barriers
- Events July 18, 2019 RUN for Wheels Marathon
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News