Hi Bhavna. I am a blind girl interested in learning how to cook. Are there cooking classes in Mumbai for visually impaired people?.
January 24, 2019
Name - Chetna, Mumbai
Ans. Thank you for writing to us.
Cooking is a useful skill and it is good you are looking to pick up some tips. Shirin Kheriwala has weekly classes for blind and low vision people. These are held at Victoria Memorial School for the Blind in Tardeo.
To find out more, call 022 2353 1236.
Watch in Sign Language
- Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
March 17, 2019
- Medical Council of India changes postgraduate admission rules only for students with locomotor disabilities
March 17, 2019
- Discriminatory medical admission guidelines regarding disabled aspirants crush this Ranchi doctor's dream
March 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 First PM Modi, now Mamata Banerjee shocks & offends with comments about mental disability
- Events March 14, 2019 Beat It! Drums and Mridangam Show
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Medical Council of India changes postgraduate admission rules only for students with locomotor disabilities
- Headlines March 12, 2019 Actor Mohanlal, Prabhudeva receive Padma awards
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Parenting corner- Managing stress
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Bangladesh cricketers escaped terror attack closely
- Accessibility March 14, 2019 Court asks ministries to respond to PIL challenging separate ID cards for rail concessions for disabled people
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Female Special Police Officer in J&K shot dead by terrorists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Ask-bhavna February 27, 2019
I have a 13-year-old daughter who is physically disabled. She finds it hard to make friends and suffers from low self-esteem. She hates going to school as she feels that her classmates make fun of her. She has become quiet even at home and does not engage with any of the family members. Please help
Newz Hook - Accessible News