Hi Bhavna. I am a blind girl interested in learning how to cook. Are there cooking classes in Mumbai for visually impaired people?.
January 24, 2019
Name - Chetna, Mumbai
Ans. Thank you for writing to us.
Cooking is a useful skill and it is good you are looking to pick up some tips. Shirin Kheriwala has weekly classes for blind and low vision people. These are held at Victoria Memorial School for the Blind in Tardeo.
To find out more, call 022 2353 1236.
Watch in Sign Language
- Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
May 23, 2019
- Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
May 22, 2019
- Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
May 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News