Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
November 14, 2018
Stan Lee, who is the co-creator of Marvel comics and one of the world's iconic comic book writers, passed away at the age of 95 years. Having created some of world's most popular superhero fictional characters, Lee will always be remembered for his outstanding contribution to the world of comics.
Some of his popular creations include Spider-Man, The Hulk, Doctor Strange, The Fantastic Four, Daredevil, X-Men, Iron Man and Thor. Lee was also popular for making cameo appearances in Marvel cinematic universe films including The Avengers.
Chris Evans, the actor who played Lee's character Captain America mourned Lee's death on Twitter.
There will never be another Stan Lee. For decades he provided both young and old with adventure, escape, comfort, confidence, inspiration, strength, friendship and joy. He exuded love and kindness and will leave an indelible mark on so, so, so many lives. Excelsior!!"- Chris Evans, American Actor
Born in December 1922 as Stanley Martin Lieber, Lee was also an editor, publisher and producer. He used to work for the American army for a brief period of time. Lee's entry into the world of comics began at the age of 17 years. He started working in a publishing company that was owned by his cousin Martin Goodman. Lee used to write scripts for mystery comics and superhero stories. When his cousin left the company in 1941, Lee took over his position.
Many actors across the globe took to social media to express their condolences.
"Thank you @TheRealStanLee for the escape from this world & great joy inhabiting the ones you created!! You made so many believe in the good, the heroic, the villainous, the exciting, most of all, you were giving & gracious to us all. RIP", tweeted American actor Samuel L Jackson
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News