Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
November 14, 2018
The upcoming wedding of Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh has been the talk of the country and fans of the two actors have been waiting eagerly for the big day.
The wedding is taking place on 14 November and 15 November.
The couple and their families have travelled to Italy for a destination wedding at Lake Como. After the wedding the couple will be hosting two receptions in India, one in Mumbai and the other in Bengaluru.
It seems that the couple wants the wedding gifts to be utilized for a social cause and do not want other gifts.
As per reports, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh have requested their guests not to give them gifts for the wedding. Instead the guests have been requested to make donations to a charity. This message has been shared with the guests who are being invited to attend the reception party.
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh want the money to be donated to 'The Live Love Laugh Foundation'. The foundation is a non-profit organization that was founded by Deepika herself.
The NGO works in the field of mental health and aims to spread awareness about depression. Deepika Padukone started the organization to help others as she herself struggled through depression even when she doing great in her career.
The wedding is being held in two traditions. Deepika will wear a white and gold attire for the Konkani wedding today, and a red and golden Sabyasachi lehenga for the Sindhi wedding on 15 November.
Social media users seemed touched by the gesture. Meenu Dutta @Dattaminu tweeted
The only agreeable thing I found about this wedding. #DeepikaRanveerWedding
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News