Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
November 14, 2018
The upcoming wedding of Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh has been the talk of the country and fans of the two actors have been waiting eagerly for the big day.
The wedding is taking place on 14 November and 15 November.
The couple and their families have travelled to Italy for a destination wedding at Lake Como. After the wedding the couple will be hosting two receptions in India, one in Mumbai and the other in Bengaluru.
It seems that the couple wants the wedding gifts to be utilized for a social cause and do not want other gifts.
As per reports, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh have requested their guests not to give them gifts for the wedding. Instead the guests have been requested to make donations to a charity. This message has been shared with the guests who are being invited to attend the reception party.
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh want the money to be donated to 'The Live Love Laugh Foundation'. The foundation is a non-profit organization that was founded by Deepika herself.
The NGO works in the field of mental health and aims to spread awareness about depression. Deepika Padukone started the organization to help others as she herself struggled through depression even when she doing great in her career.
The wedding is being held in two traditions. Deepika will wear a white and gold attire for the Konkani wedding today, and a red and golden Sabyasachi lehenga for the Sindhi wedding on 15 November.
Social media users seemed touched by the gesture. Meenu Dutta @Dattaminu tweeted
The only agreeable thing I found about this wedding. #DeepikaRanveerWedding
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals win again
April 26, 2019
- BJP to contest more seats than Congress in Lok Sabha elections
April 26, 2019
- Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
April 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 New study links excessive screen time and ADHD in children
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Accessible voting promise a sham says activist Arman Ali, shares experience on social media
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Accessibility April 25, 2019 Wheelchair users enjoy their first boat ride down Kerala's famous Periyar river
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Court seeks probe into sexual harassment charges against Chief Justice
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 24, 2019
Headlines April 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News