Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
November 14, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's constituency Varanasi in UP is all set to embark on the roads of super development in the future. On his recent visit to the city, Prime Minister Modi laid the foundation for development projects worth more than Rs2,400 crore.
India's first multi-modal waterways terminal on the River Ganga is one of the major projects that were initiated by the PM. This terminal will be on river between Varanasi and Haldia and will become part of a cargo transportation system in the country.
Speaking at the occasion Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about how people had made fun when the project was announced.
People made fun and indulged in negative talks", the prime minister said, "But now, these projects are living examples of new India's new vision.
The upcoming projects based in Varanasi include the construction of two important roads, one is the Varanasi Ring Road Phase-I and the Babatput-Varanasi road on NH-56.These roads will have a total length of 34 kilometers and will cost Rs1,571 crore.
Apart from these, two sewage infrastructure projects worth Rs425 crore will also come up in the city and a Rs72 crore worth of project has been initiated in Ramnagar.
Prime Minister Modi was accompanied by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath while he visited Varanasi. These announcements and inaugurations have been made just as the 2019 Lok Sabha elections is around the corner.
PM Modi also said, "Today is a historic day. Today Varanasi and the country (as a whole) is witnessing a development that should have taken place decades ago. But that did not happen."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News