Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
November 14, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's constituency Varanasi in UP is all set to embark on the roads of super development in the future. On his recent visit to the city, Prime Minister Modi laid the foundation for development projects worth more than Rs2,400 crore.
India's first multi-modal waterways terminal on the River Ganga is one of the major projects that were initiated by the PM. This terminal will be on river between Varanasi and Haldia and will become part of a cargo transportation system in the country.
Speaking at the occasion Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about how people had made fun when the project was announced.
People made fun and indulged in negative talks", the prime minister said, "But now, these projects are living examples of new India's new vision.
The upcoming projects based in Varanasi include the construction of two important roads, one is the Varanasi Ring Road Phase-I and the Babatput-Varanasi road on NH-56.These roads will have a total length of 34 kilometers and will cost Rs1,571 crore.
Apart from these, two sewage infrastructure projects worth Rs425 crore will also come up in the city and a Rs72 crore worth of project has been initiated in Ramnagar.
Prime Minister Modi was accompanied by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath while he visited Varanasi. These announcements and inaugurations have been made just as the 2019 Lok Sabha elections is around the corner.
PM Modi also said, "Today is a historic day. Today Varanasi and the country (as a whole) is witnessing a development that should have taken place decades ago. But that did not happen."
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Sportsperson & businesswoman, Geetha Chauhan excels at all that she does
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News