Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
November 17, 2018
The Blind Graduates Forum Of India- BFGI is a nonprofit organization and has been working for the empowerment of visually impaired people.
BGFI organises internships, workshops, events and fun outings for blind people and is working steadily towards making the society inclusive.
This time around, the BGFI team has come up with a very special outing for visually impaired people. So if you wish to go on a fun ride , this one is for you. On 24 November, visually impaired people will go on an inclusive trip on a ferry.
That's right, the upcoming trip will be a ferry ride from the famous Dockyard in Mumbai known as the "Bhaucha Dhakka".
The one day trip starts from Princess Dockyard in Mumbai which is at a walkable distance from the Dockyard Road railway station and is easily approachable.
Sadaf Khan is a private sector employee and shared her thoughts with NewzHook about the importance of outings like these.
The accessible outings and trips arranged by the BGFI team aim to create an inclusive society through sensitization and awareness. When visually people visit places, the arrangements made ensure that everyone involved understands the challenges faced by bind people. This helps to create awareness and understanding in others and is the first step towards inclusion. The experience is also useful for the visually impaired people as they feel more confident and get to know more about their surroundings. Sadaf Khan BGFI member
Bhaucha Dhakka is also called the Ferry Wharf and lies in the Thane Creek, on the Eastern seafront of Mumbai. The wharf is used by the local fishermen as a port and also as a ferry point for people from Mora and Rewas for their journeys to Uran and Alibag.
If you go in the trip, you will be taken on a ferry ride into the creek. It goes without saying that the adventure will be fun and you will also get to see what the city of Mumbai looks like from the middle of the Arabian Sea.
The trip has been planned to be inclusive and accessible for all the participants. The ride will come with an audio description that will play on the Ferry and a guide will also accompany the fun seekers.
The ride will take you through sightseeing at the gateway of India, Hotel Taj Palace and city architecture such as the twin towers.
Don't wait and register for the fun by calling +91 98921 45699.
For more details about the Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard click here.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News