Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
Delhi is on high alert after intelligence agencies were informed of a threat on a WhatsApp group said to be run by Jaish-e-Mohammed. The terror outfit said it plans to attack sensitive locations in the national capital. This is to avenge the killing of its commander in Jammu and Kashmir in October.
The Intelligence Bureau has circulated a letter asking security forces to maintain high priority alert and activate intelligence.
The letter apparently reads:
According to a message circulated by one Pakistani national Ameer Hamza, .. in WhatsApp group ‘Jesh Communication Centre’ that Jaish-e-Mohammed is planning to carry out terrorist attacks on security establishments in Delhi to avenge the killing of its commander Usman alias Huzaifa in Tral, Pulwama, on October 30. - Intelligence Bureau
Two members of the Jaish-e-Mohammed, one of them Usman, believed to be the nephew of Jaish chief Maulana Masood Azhar, were killed in an encounter by security forces in south Kashmir in October.
Letters have been sent by the Intelligence Bureau to the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Security Guard, Railway Protection Force and Delhi Police to maintain a high alert at important installations in Delhi.
The letter says - "It is requested to issue necessary guidelines and instructions to all unit commanders of Delhi-NCR based units/battalions to take all precautionary and preventive measures to avoid any untoward incident. Force personnel be kept on highest alert and intelligence machinery should be geared up for collection and exchange of useful advance information to prevent occurrence of any such incident.”
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019