Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
November 18, 2018
Delhi is on high alert after intelligence agencies were informed of a threat on a WhatsApp group said to be run by Jaish-e-Mohammed. The terror outfit said it plans to attack sensitive locations in the national capital. This is to avenge the killing of its commander in Jammu and Kashmir in October.
The Intelligence Bureau has circulated a letter asking security forces to maintain high priority alert and activate intelligence.
The letter apparently reads:
According to a message circulated by one Pakistani national Ameer Hamza, .. in WhatsApp group 'Jesh Communication Centre' that Jaish-e-Mohammed is planning to carry out terrorist attacks on security establishments in Delhi to avenge the killing of its commander Usman alias Huzaifa in Tral, Pulwama, on October 30. - Intelligence Bureau
Two members of the Jaish-e-Mohammed, one of them Usman, believed to be the nephew of Jaish chief Maulana Masood Azhar, were killed in an encounter by security forces in south Kashmir in October.
Letters have been sent by the Intelligence Bureau to the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Security Guard, Railway Protection Force and Delhi Police to maintain a high alert at important installations in Delhi.
The letter says - "It is requested to issue necessary guidelines and instructions to all unit commanders of Delhi-NCR based units/battalions to take all precautionary and preventive measures to avoid any untoward incident. Force personnel be kept on highest alert and intelligence machinery should be geared up for collection and exchange of useful advance information to prevent occurrence of any such incident."
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News