India-Australia cricket series to begin on 21 November
November 18, 2018
The Indian cricket team is in Australia for a tough tour with three T20Is, four Tests and three one day international (ODIs) matches scheduled.
India last toured Australia in 2015-16, where they lost the five-match ODI series 1-4 and won the three-match T20I series 3-0. This was under the captaincy of . This time with no Dhoni in Team India, the focus will be on captain Virat Kohli to pull off a win.
There was no stress evident on Kohli's face or on any of the Indian players as they left. Pictures posted on Twitter showed happy faces, Many of the players were busy playing a video game.
India vice-captain Rohit Sharma, who recently led India to a clean sweep victory against the West Indies at home, shared a picture with bowlers Yuzvendra Chahal and Khaleel Ahmed. Sharma wrote - "Gangs here and we are ready to jet."
Left-arm spinner Kuldeep Yadav expressed his "excitement". -"Exciting challenges ahead. Off to Australia with the boys."
The first T20I will be played in Brisbane on 1 November. Kohli, at the pre-departure conference, asked batsmen to improve their performance.
Our focus will be more on how batsmen will bat together on this tour. The bowlers are in a great space. After a long time, we have a bowling attack where we feel that we can pick up twenty wickets every time. We definitely have made decent progress but there is still a lot of room for improvement. - Virat Kohli, India cricket captain
The real test for Virat Kohli's team will come in the four-match Test series that starts in Adelaide on 6 December. Former Australia batsman Dean Jones says this is a great chance for India to claim their first Test series win in Australia. He also said Ravichandran Ashwin, would have a "ripper of a series".
Kohli also boasts of a brilliant Test record in Australia. In eight Tests played Down Under, he scored 992 runs at an average of 62 with a high score of 169 and five centuries to his name.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News