It is never the end unless you believe it to be - My Take by Thasveer Muhammed, model, actor & motivational speaker
In My Take this week Thasveer Muhammed, a model and actor from Kerala. also holds motivational speeches in schools, colleges and companies. A renowned name across Kerala, he is famous for his roles on screen and talks that are inspiring hundreds of youngsters.
I live in Changanachery, a small town in Kerala. My family consists of my mother and three siblings, all of whom are settled here. I completed my degree in Bachelor of Commerce from St. Joseph’s College in Changanachery. In 2013, I was busy signing up movies and already had two of them lined up along with a few modelling assignments. I couldn’t be happier because that is what I always wanted to do all my life and I was getting there!
I was working on a Malayalam movie One and Only in 2013. On November that year, my life changed in many ways. I was riding with a friend to Bengaluru on a bike when a bus that lost control came and hit us. I do not remember how long I was in the hospital. I woke up to realize that I had to amputate my right leg. I was shocked and depressed. It took me a while to sync into the fact that I will have to be on crutches for the rest of my life. But slowly I started looking at the positive sides.
I gradually accepted my disability. Moreover, I did not have any other option. I had no plans to waste the rest of my life inside the four walls of a room. Giving up or staying back was not my kind of thing. I knew I had a lot to achieve. I believe the fear of being dependent for the rest of my life had been my biggest driving force of motivation
I had a lot of support from my family and close friends. They have stood with me through thick and thin and always showered me with immense love. I’am forever grateful for having them in my life!
Chasing the passion
Recently, my Malayalam movie Abhasam hit theatres. I got some great reviews about the role that I did, and I cannot express my happiness. I had a great time working with a wonderful crew from whom I could learn many things. These days, I have my hands full. Apart from visiting colleges across Kerala for motivational speeches, I do inaugurations too. So literally, I’am travelling every day!
Football is always close to my heart. It is not merely a game to me, but is something that I have been passionate about all my life. I’am an ardent traveler too. Travel is an ecstatic driven passion for me. So the more risky my path is, the more it excites me. Recently, I visited Leh Ladakh and it was a mind blowing experience. We rode through some great places and met some amazing people. This trip changed my attitude to life in many ways, and I’am grateful that it happened. Sky diving is in my bucket list. It is going to happen soon.
I visit a lot of colleges and the energy and zest of youngsters gives me a lot of positivity. There have been a lot of instances where I have been moved by their love. Once, an amputee traveled all the way from another part of Kerala to meet me at an event. He saw the poster of an event that was being inaugurated by me. The time and effort that people take in showing kind gestures of love has always moved me.
I am active on social media. So people shower a lot of love on my social media too. I hope I can reach out to more people to convey the message that nothing must stop you from chasing your dreams and passion.
I am getting offers for cinema. But I do not want to rush into anything for now. I’am happy doing what I’am doing right now, and it keeps me super busy. I would love to do the role of a villain with a good film crew. So if something like that comes my way, I will surely pick it. I’am giving things its own time. Let’s see what the future holds in store!
I also plan to start my own exclusive clothing brand. The works are already on. I hope it will come out very soon. My brand will have some exclusive designed clothes for people with disabilities too. I want to reach out people who need help and also wants to do lots of social work as well.
It is never the end unless you believe it to be. This is the lesson that has changed my life. Uncertainties will keep happening in our lives. But you lose only when you choose to. No matter what, face things with a nerve of steel. Life keeps going on.
Watch in Sign Language
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018