Delhi Police releases photos of 2 suspected terrorists likely to be in the city
November 22, 2018
The Delhi Police has issued an advisory warning about the possible presence of two suspected terrorists in the national capital. It has asked the people to keep a lookout for them.
The advisory has a photograph of two bearded men in dark kurtas standing near a road sign that says Ferozepur, which is on the India-Pakistan border in Punjab. Whoever spots them has been asked to call the Paharganj police station on 011-23520787/2352474.
The Punjab Police was placed on alert last week after intelligence authorities warned that six to seven Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists could be coming towards Delhi from Punjab.
A Delhi anti-terror unit official said, "We got input that they're heading towards Delhi. We have increased vigil in border areas and inside the city. We are questioning second-hand car dealers. Our officers are checking parking lots to spot abandoned vehicles. Security at important installations such as Delhi Metro, IGI airport, inter-state bus terminals and security establishments have been significantly stepped up. There is no need to panic."
The advisory, issued by the office of the Punjab Police has suggested that checkpoints be placed at important routes, conduct strict vehicle inspections and the adopt tough counter-terror measures.
There is a need to review and strengthen the second line of defence along the India-Pakistan border, and coordinate closely with the Border Security Force and other defence establishments in your areas. - Punjab Police
The warning comes after four people took over a taxi at gunpoint on 13 November, sparking fears of another terrorist attack. The suspects hired the Toyota Innova from Jammu, forced the driver out later and drove off.
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News