Delhi Police releases photos of 2 suspected terrorists likely to be in the city
November 22, 2018
The Delhi Police has issued an advisory warning about the possible presence of two suspected terrorists in the national capital. It has asked the people to keep a lookout for them.
The advisory has a photograph of two bearded men in dark kurtas standing near a road sign that says Ferozepur, which is on the India-Pakistan border in Punjab. Whoever spots them has been asked to call the Paharganj police station on 011-23520787/2352474.
The Punjab Police was placed on alert last week after intelligence authorities warned that six to seven Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists could be coming towards Delhi from Punjab.
A Delhi anti-terror unit official said, "We got input that they're heading towards Delhi. We have increased vigil in border areas and inside the city. We are questioning second-hand car dealers. Our officers are checking parking lots to spot abandoned vehicles. Security at important installations such as Delhi Metro, IGI airport, inter-state bus terminals and security establishments have been significantly stepped up. There is no need to panic."
The advisory, issued by the office of the Punjab Police has suggested that checkpoints be placed at important routes, conduct strict vehicle inspections and the adopt tough counter-terror measures.
There is a need to review and strengthen the second line of defence along the India-Pakistan border, and coordinate closely with the Border Security Force and other defence establishments in your areas. - Punjab Police
The warning comes after four people took over a taxi at gunpoint on 13 November, sparking fears of another terrorist attack. The suspects hired the Toyota Innova from Jammu, forced the driver out later and drove off.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 14, 2019
Headlines April 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News