Rape case filed against actor Alok Nath, accused says she is willing to forgive
November 23, 2018
One month after it received a complaint accusing actor Alok Nath of rape, the Mumbai Police registered an FIR against him under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The victim, writer-director Vinta Nanda has alleged that she was drugged and raped by the actor 19 years ago when they were working together in a TV show. The charges were first made against Nath in a Facebook post on 8 October. Nanda claimed her drink was spiked by the actor at his house during a party. He offered to drop her home, but instead took her to another place and raped her.
Nath's wife Ashu Singh submitted a complaint seeking an FIR against Nanda for defamation. Nath also filed a civil defamation case seeking Re 1 as damages. This was dismissed by the Bombay City Civil and Sessions Court.
Since the post, Nath has been accused of sexual harassment by two other women. He was expelled from the Cine & TV Artistes' Association (CINTAA) in November. The body said,
In view of the various allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct against Mr. Alok Nath, after due diligence and consideration, the Exec. Committee of #cintaa has decided to expel him from the Association. - Cine & TV Artistes' Association (CINTAA)
Speaking to a TV channel, Nanda says she is willing to forgive Nath if he shows "some remorse, repentance."I was never in this for revenge. I want correction, not revenge," said Nanda. "Let me know that no other woman would be violated by you the way I was. All I see right now is an attitude of defiance and shamelessness. If that's the way it is going to be, then I'll see my fight for justice to the end."
Three Mumbai lawyers are fighting Nanda's case free of cost.
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Ex-union minister Aslam Sher Khan offers to replace Rahul Gandhi
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News